Marvel is the new DC?

Take this with a grain of salt. Interesting none the less.

https://cosmicbook.news/marvel-taking-over-dc-comics

Thx to @rigger_one for the heads up.

Yeah, was brought up in Dan Didio leaves DC thread.

1 Like

Didn’t Jim Shooter claim this almost happened once upon a time?

Yep, Shooter claimed this was going to happen back in the 80’s. Said that WB was losing shares/ needed the money back then, plus Marvel knew how to turn super heroes into profit much more than DC did (which is still true to this day IMO). Anyways that was the story back then, not sure how true it was tho…

I’m with Poyo…never heard of this Cosmic Book news until DiDio was fired…

I posted the link and I’m not even sure what Cosmic Book News is…lol

Everytime I hear the name Shooter for someone, I think of this guy…

McGavinGif

Shooter has always been full of BS … DC started the revolution in Comic based entertainment … going way back to the Batman / Superman features in the 1940’s / '50’s … the “Big Bang” was DC with the Keaton Batman in the late 1980’s … that laid the groundwork for everything we have today …

Marvel was Bankrupt in 1996 … Toy Biz saved them …

To speculate that DC will become a part of Marvel, especially on a Fan site such as this, is just out and out blasphemy …

This doesn’t seem based on anything. It’s one of those “can’t prove it” rumors that could easily be made up based on nothing. Even the wording in the article seems suspect.

And if that day ever happened and Marvel mashed the two with crossovers is the day I quit both entirely. DC and Marvel should never cross into each others universes just like Marvel should never cross into Star Wars. Keep them separate… there are just some things you never mix together.

Kind of reminds me of the “worlds theory”…

I’m already around 90% indies each month. I only purchase Marvel because of Star Wars and everything DC is mostly Bat related. DC already ticked me off with their handling of MAD Magazine. If this happens then I’ll be done with them both. Lone exception being Star Wars unless they get cute and venture into some ridiculous Star Wars/Marvel universe crossover(s).

I have zero interest seeing Batman or Gotham related characters in Marvel ANYTHING. My comic funds are mostly with Image, Albatross, Dark Horse, IDW, Aftershock, and ONI each month anyway. Suppose I could start saving a little more each month or start supporting some additional creators/projects. Or maybe I’ll just take these savings out of comics and invest more into my Lego collection.

Fingers crossed these rumors don’t come to fruition.