Marvel moving comic distribution to Penguin Random House

This will be interesting…

7 Likes

Found it.

I wonder what the reasoning is? I know that about 12 of the last 16 weeks or so my LCS has not received their shipments from Diamond until Wednesday afternoon or even Thursday.

This would have been in place MUCH longer than that with the scale of the two companies involved. My guess is they started talks about this during the COVID shutdowns.

All I can think is PRH offers them more reach to broader markets than Diamond. And Diamond does not have the scale needed to do things like distribute Marvel comics in tons of countries around the world.

2 Likes

I am wondering if this is the death bell for diamond. Diamond will still be able to distribute comics from Marvel but will have to buy them from Penguin. From there will there be a delay in Diamond shipping out the books due to waiting on them and then processing picking and repacking orders. Seems easier for a retailer to just order directly through Penguin.

Also I worry about FOC since that is largely a Diamond construct in comics.

1 Like

I’m selling all my comics and moving to trades when they make it to Amazon. Later everyone… nice knowing all of you all… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Penguin will still be doing FOC.

3 Likes

Diamond essentially an Indie Distributor. RIP

1 Like

Diamond is going to die. It wont take long for the indie companies to move to Lunar. Maybe Image will follow Marvel to PRH.

2 Likes

Imgur

4 Likes

That’s good to know because I love my Tfaw FOC variant drops.

1 Like

Looks like comic book distributor Diamond Comics will be hurt even more now that Marvel has announced they are leaving Diamond for Penguin Random House. Retailers will still be able to order books from Diamond, but diamond would effectively be a retailer as well since they will order books directly from Penguin.

This looks very bad for the continuation of Diamond Comic Distributors

1 Like

Some of us posted that almost half an hour ago!

1 Like

Some of us have day jobs. (Not in the comic industry)

1 Like

Where was it posted?

Found it. I posted the full email. I don’t bother reading bleeding cool so I didn’t know they posted it. Had a few emails from retailers with the heads up.

Is it fair to say this will hurt LCS’? Yet another vendor they need to pay shipping fees to???

PRH has free shipping.

1 Like

Diamond thought they were invincible until they got punched in the mouth.

7 Likes

when the 90s bubble popped did marvel leave before or after ?