Marvel moving comic distribution to Penguin Random House

I have two of them, showed up randomly, was very strange. They are bagged and I don’t know what to do with them. Is it a first appearance or anything?

I’ll take one lol

1 Like

I guess according to KC

• 1st cameo appearance of Reed Richards’ sister
  • Origin of the Fantastic Four in a back-up story by Mark Waid, new details
1 Like

CHU giveaway… :grin:

It’s just weird PRH sends out random comics and doesn’t tell you. I mean, cool, but weird.

Marvel does this. Diamond did the same thing. I dont see what the big mystery is here…

Ah ok, just never had it happen before. Good to know.

1 Like

Dang, that’s crazy.

There is a special place in hell for Diamond, these last three weeks have been hell. Insane amounts of damages, shorting me a few issues and not qualifying me for the ratio variant multiple times. Checked my next invoice from Diamond, $220, $60 of it is shipping (wtf???). Not a happy camper.

Rant over.

4 Likes

I think they call this… STS… Short Timers Syndrome… probably most of the smart people working there already quit and they hired a bunch of clowns off the street who just don’t give a F…

4 Likes

Yeah two of the incentive variants I didn’t mind, just chalked it up to bad luck. This last one hit hard cause I failed a customer…had to refund their variant package and apologize. Just painful.

they have been killing everyone with shipping lately
one $15 calendar in a box at my lcs last week
then there are those replen fees

It’s amazing that the amount of shipping they do, they can’t get a rate from one of the big carriers that is less than what they are gouging us for. I can ship FedEx home delivery, which gets there in 3 days (usually), and I hardly ever pay more than $25-30…and the weight is usually comparable to what they are shipping me for $60…and I’m the small guy with no real volume to negotiate with, relatively speaking.

1 Like

Seriously, there had to be a number of employees who saw the writing on the wall. The stories of Diamond pooping the bed repeatedly this year have been too numerous to be a coincidence.

When are you switching over to PRH ?

Already have, next week is the first shipment. Of course, Diamond still has a few comics people want, but the majority of orders are going to Lunar / PRH.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve heard a few retailers tell me when they send all those “freebies” and such, they still pay shipping, whether they wanted them or not. Sometimes the boxes would be 1/3 full but still get charged same rate as if it was full. You know Diamond is probably just like those eBay sellers who try to squeeze some profits off shipping… Geppi is just a huge turd blossom… and he looks like a deranged Joe Pesci…

1 Like

My favorite is they charge me for shipping for a gemini like mailer with about 15 or 20 comics stuffed in it…loose…and they just get beat to all hell. Just ridiculous. This last one was 5 copies of the Stray Dogs #5 1:10 incentive and some others…looked like my 3 yr old got a hold of them.

2 Likes

Just in case you all don’t know, PRH Comics Site is where you go to check out upcoming titles at PRH. Similar to PreviewsWorld. Still working on seeing how to integrate the shop with the “pull list”, but for now I believe its just something you have to email / print for your LCS.

5 Likes