Marvel x Fortnite Preview

Doesn’t say in the article whether a unique code will be included in the book yet.

2 Likes

1 Like

It says it in the description there at the end. Hopefully this is a winner like the DC ones!

1 Like

The window is very short though as the items become available in the ingame shop only one week after each book has been released (https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/comics/fortnite-x-marvel-zero-war-comic-mini-series-launches-june-2022)

These books have any long term potential or is it just the time sensitive code?

Quick flips for small profit for those just wanting the codes. Sell the book though, don’t sell the code in your listings. The code is bonus. This prevents buyers from claiming the code didn’t work, etc.

2 Likes

Agreed, did they also do that for the Batman Fortnite codes? Because the set of 6 from 2021 still gets over cover on Ebay.

With Batman there was a couple of weeks between the time where the first issue came out (April 20 I think) and the time when you could buy the item from issue #1 online (somewhere in June) so there was a nice window where players that wanted that item ASAP could only have it by buying the comic. After issue 1 I think the items were available the same day the comic released. I sold 24 copies of Batman Fortnite #1 for a nice profit but I was left with some #2 and #3. I made some money, but this time is different. If someone buys a #1 on eBay the item will likely be available already on the online shop when the comic is delivered so there’s seems to be less of an incentive for people to buy the comic this time around. My 2 cents…

Yep, that’s what I was thinking as well…

Looks like we know the play then.

• FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #1New Spider-Man Outfit – Exclusive to comic buyers for a limited time!
  • FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #2New Iron Man Wrap – Exclusive to comic buyers for a limited time!
  • FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #3New Wolverine Pickaxe – Exclusive to comic buyers for a limited time!
  • FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #4New FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR Spray – Exclusive to comic buyers!
  • FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR #5New FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR Loading Screen – Exclusive to comic buyers!
  • Plus any fan who redeems all five codes will receive a new bonus FORTNITE X MARVEL: ZERO WAR Outfit !

So 4 and 5 will be exclusive to comic buyers, but the first 3 will be released on both platforms. Just confirmed this information with a guy from PRH.

So spec play is 3 and 4, and if you can get the first few super quickly and flip them, otherwise the price will drop significantly.

A variable here will be if they have any reprints…but even still, selling as a set you should be able to make a profit.

1 Like

1, 2, and 3 are day-of flips.

3 Likes

Are the codes good for only a certain amount of time? If they do not “expire”, then there might be some long term to holding onto sets to sell.

According to Epic Games website:

" Note: Codes from standard retail issues expire on December 31, 2023. Codes from the hardcover collection expire on December 31, 2024. Codes from digital issues (via the Marvel Comics app and Marvel Unlimited) expire after 90 days from when the codes were first accessed."

So not a super long term hold

1 Like

Thanks! Not sure what I will do, but I think after 5 comes out to sell sets, unless they really have a story with actual content and art…you know, stuff of value. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t give them until their expiration. I also wouldn’t trust that these in-game add-ons are exclusive to the comic beyond the first week of the comic’s release. I’m serious, these are day-of flips.

The whole game will be filled with these add-ons the next week when Epic releases them outside the physical issue.

2 Likes

Very true. I should clarify and say Im not even touching these for flipping or anything other than my own personal use. I feel like a lot of shops will have learned from the DC crossover to order more and fans will have learned that there’s no rush since DC did multiple reprints for their issue. Maybe some shops will forget and they will be scarce, but I’m not betting on it. Plus, you’ll be able to get the exciting rewards from the in-game store anyways, and theyll be available if you read all issues on Unlimited. At least, this is all from what I remember hearing, I could be wrong

1 Like

This is a pass for me… now if they had made it so ONLY the codes in the comic books could be combined to get the bonus outfit I’d be in.