Mercari New Fees April 2023

You can turn offers off.

The $2 processing fee is if you don’t want to wait the 3-4 days for payout.

3 Likes

Yeah, I had it shut off for a bit of time and then turned it back on. I guess I can always just try the promote option, but I think they only allow up to 10 items a day.

They need to improve their app across the board to even think about being any competition. I don’t sell but do occasionally buy books. My biggest issue being a buyer is the search feature sucks ass. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

2 Likes

You’re going to have to lower those prices now to make up for the buyers premium and stay competitive with eBay.

This looks like it sucks all around. More so for the buyers. Bad enough the price “goes up” at check out for taxes…now it’ll be even higher. People who don’t have a state tax are going to be like WTF is this?!

I had a $10 offer coupon from a mercari last week…all I had to do was pay shipping. Still couldn’t find anything with spending it on…mostly because their search feature sucks and I just gave up from frustration. They should focus on making that better intend of flipping fees…they’re not
Improving the things that will bring them more business.

1 Like

Actually it’s still active…few days left.

Wok. Here is where they get you.

So it is now $2 to take your money out or $3 for instant option where as it was free for transfers and $2 for instant previously. I think the idea is to encourage sellers to use their funds to buy. I have a small balance on there right now, below $10, so not worth transferring the money out at a $2 fee.

That’s still less than what eBay charges.

Fee’s you build into your price so no matter which platform/location you sell, you end up with the same amount bottom line. All you have to do is make sure you’re aware of them so you can adjust accordingly and make yearly updates for changes like with increased shipping every January and sometimes over the extended holiday period. The more places charge, the better off other venues become as 1st choice purchase options like actual stores, conventions, one on one and subscription discounter types.

You can also change your buying habits to delay major pick-up items until known repeated sales like at the major holiday and Free Comic Book Day type events. There’s only so far online can continue to raise all the different costs before in person becomes a requirement for most items.

My wife does very well selling on Mercari since she sells ceramics. I haven’t had much success selling comics and slabs. If anything would sell, it would be here and there. I feel people try to lowball even more than sleezebay. I even tried placing some of our auto parts on there to see if they would sell, and those have no business on there at all. LOL!

I do hope that this works out for Mercari though, because we do need to have several healthy marketplaces and options, because eBay and Amazon are problematic in their own rights.

1 Like

The Mercari subReddit is melting down about all this. Saying it has managed to upset sellers and buyers. It’s messy over there.

2 Likes

Shocker.

Still can’t find anything to buy for $10 and use my coupon.

Geez, $2 for regular ACH that probably costs them $0.25 to transfer or just get it now for another $1 for total of $3. I’d just pick the transfer now… those fees makes zero sense but you’re probably right, they want to just keep the cash and hope you go shopping. Everytime I have a balance on eBay, seems the emails start flowing that I got cash to spend… :wink:

What is the $600 per month?

Seems like a max of $600 per month for instant transfers. I guess if you want to withdraw more, you have to use the regular ACH option.

I was afraid that’s what it meant lol. Does it actually take 5 days to transfer normally? eBay is usually 2, sometimes 3. I’ve never used Mercari. .

Normally it doesn’t. Most ACH are 3 business days. They likely state up to 5 just in case to set expectations. I would totally do the same too.

1 Like

How has everyone’s sales been on Mercari since the changes?

I haven’t had any sales at all this past two weeks on any platform. Was going great and then stopped.

Mercari and Bonanza have totally collapsed for me, and Bonanza I haven’t sold anything in 3-4 weeks even with our main business. Since I have moved the comics to a secondary account on eBay, they have been okay there, but way too many lowballers coming out of the woodworks. Clowns trying to give me 50% off counteroffers on slabs, its like GTFO. LOL!

I would say it’s been 100% consistent with the past year sales…

0$ sales in the past 12 months.
0$ sales since the changes.

Yes, I do have listings on Mercari.