Mercari New Fees April 2023

Turn offers off. Or raise the minimum amount so they go into “spam”.

There is some satisfaction knowing that when someone submits a low ball offer they will get an immediate REJECTED response. As if to say “stop bothering me, kid.”

1 Like

Mercari went back to the old 3 day return window…

Was just coming on to say that. Looks like the new return policy was so bad that not even buyers wanted it I guess.

I have sold on Mercari recently with no issues FyI.

1 Like

It sounds like it might be pretty seller friendly now…

Mercari is not that bad of a platform, they just need to get these policies straightened out. Too bad they just can’t get customers through the door much quicker. Last week I sold 3 slabs on Mercari and the people were pretty cool to deal with. As I mentioned before, my wife does well on Mercari when her eBay store gets throttled by eBay. I don’t have much luck on Mercari, but when the sales come, they are pretty decent.

Compared to Bonanza which I had not sold anything in 2 months until last week. This site is a real dud and still not sure how they operate when you read around that nobody is selling much.

Randomly have sold a bunch of comics on Mercari this week. Some pretty good comics selling for the same or more than listed on eBay.

1 Like

And another book sold on Mercari. I like listing on both because you never know. eBay is dead for me right now but my Mercari is hopping.

1 Like

Mercari has been a little better this past week. Have to wonder if they are running some kind of coupon.

With the return policy back to normal I think I might be willing to relist some stuff…

@captainzombie no coupon right now.

I had no sales the past few week (granted I could have listed some hot books but just too busy…). Then I sold a TMNT comic for $90 which was cool.

Every so often I get a boost toward my next purchase…

Curious question, on average how many listings on Ebay or Mercari do you typically have active? Right now I have maybe 30 or 40 (right now non-comic related) and I’ll get a sale maybe once a week. When I was doing Ebay more regularly with 100-150 listings I was selling probably 7 to 10 items a week.

I have on average 160-200 listings.

1 Like

Currently active and sales over 90 days.

1 sale in the last 21 days.

1 Like

Sold two more books over night on Mercari. Very odd the way it just started ticking up.

Here is my eBay dash

My total listings have dropped down from 200 partially because of the books selling on Mercari

2 Likes

Right now, I have 160 active listings, 47 sales over the last 31 days. But I bought a collection of comics because they wouldn’t split it and I only wanted a dozen or so, so I’m motivated to sell them off so it is higher that I expect I would normally be at. 30 or 40 listings is what I would expect normally.

1 Like