Miles Morales Cast For Spiderman 3?

I think one spider-character that has been greatly overlooked is Mattie Franklin, the 2nd Spider-Woman. She has had some great costumes and her first appearance in Amazing Spider-Man Vol 2 #5 is a steal.

1 Like

https://www.paulypresleyrealty.com/blog/austin-flooding-what-to-know-before-you-buy-an-austin-home.html

Yeah I donā€™t live in a floodplain. Iā€™ll be dead or long gone before the next major flooding anyways. Ive been here 20 years and have only seen one year where flooding happened and it was relatively minor. Now go look up Houston and their flooding problems that seems to happen every couple of years.

Literally, just buy a house in North Austin (west of 35 at least) and youā€™ll avoid any floods.

Take it out, maybe you should get it pressed if you send it to get graded. I sent one in and it came back a 8.0 with a slight crease on the back from the poly bag. I sent it back to get pressed and regarded. It came back a 9.6.

2 Likes

I had three in poly bags and removed all of them. Each had the light crease from the polybag seam. They pressed right out. Need to send them in for grading.

2 Likes

Well if anyone here has an extra copy that they want to sell, let me know. Iā€™m looking for one for my son. Anywhere from 9.4-9.8. You can PM me if you like. Other then that, Iā€™m looking at a 9.6 on eBay thatā€™s still affordable.

Youā€™re looking for a copy for your son, but it has to be in 9.4/9.8 condition ???

I bought both my sons (I think 2 and 5 at the time) 9.8ā€™s quite some time ago.

Why ???

Kids should be reading tpbā€™sā€¦

You honestly think I let them have the slabs to themselves and break the seal, etc.? I get both my kids a nice book every X-Mas to put away.

3 Likes

Im assuming its investment

Instead of buying a bank bond, u get them so slabbed comics. When they are 18 they can sell it to the comic shop for pennys on the dollar :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™d likely not get that book for them now given what it costs; but, considering they were under $200 when I got them, they were fairly good investments at the time. I grabbed two ungraded copies as well which were in the $20-$30 range IIRC.

Absent total societal crash, Iā€™m guessing theyā€™ll play out to be a fairly good investments in the long-term. Iā€™m sure this goes even better if Miles is in the next Spiderman film (which he will definitely be at some point).

As for my kids, they think Miles Morales is Spider-Man. Peter Parker is a bit ancillary. Ultimately, that should mean something for the long-term hold.

3 Likes

I get my kids silver coins every year that just go into the safe. Same concept. Getting them a gift that is also a commodity that could have higher value later.

2 Likes

Which is awesome!

I try to get my boys their new favorite characterā€™s first appearance (unless itā€™s something crazy like Spider-Man). In every single instance, the bookā€™s current FMV is WAY MORE than I put out.

This year they want Blackheart and Shuma-Gorath because theyā€™ve been playing the Marvel Super Heroes fighting game. Both likely good books to pick up!

I have one kid and he gets my entire collection when Iā€™m dead and buried. Heā€™ll get the house too, but the comic and video game collection are much cooler. If he doesnā€™t like any of it he can sell it all to the highest bidder. Iā€™ll only haunt him a little for doing so.

1 Like

Same here. My kids (elementary school age) tell me about Miles and Naomi. I have no idea how elementary school kids know about Naomi, given no movie. My kids think Miles is Spider-man (Peter who?). Makes me feel old.

I got ASE Gold coins for my kids birth years they get later onā€¦

The rest of the silver coin collection I plan to melt into bullets when I become a werewolf hunter in my retirement daysā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My kids are elementary school age. I am mid 40ā€™s. I plan to leave them the cash from my large collection. They donā€™t show much interest in comics. Except the fact they have all the Marvel Battle Pass skins from Fortnite.

1 Like

Itā€™s an investment. He does have the Halloween special and itā€™s all beat up from him reading it all the time.

I have 2 boys and heā€™s the only one that shows interest in comics. He loves Link from Legend of Zelda. Anything Link is a must have for him. Once he saw Into the Spider-Verse, heā€™s all about Miles. So he has some AF and some Funko and other small memorabilia.

If itā€™s not from anyone here, Iā€™ll get the book from eBay but ether way, heā€™s getting that book lol.