Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

I find Frisons work very repetitive. Every cover looks like her early WW B covers, it seems to me. :man_shrugging:

@jcLu 100% agree.
It seems like folks always think that when I say that, it’s somehow a knock on her talent, artisty, etc. Of course, I can’t do better…she’s incredible. But I really do find her covers/color schemes so redundant.

There was a show on Whatnot last week where the seller was only offering Frison stuff…when taken as a whole like that…every single book looked the exact same.

1 Like

I started to collect her WW B covers a few years ago, when that started. After X amount of issues (prob 15 or 16 issues), I looked over them and thought to myself “wow, these are all basically the same two or three covers”. There’s the straight on head shot. Or the full body, angled dance pose with glowing lasso. I then picked my two favourites and sold the rest. :man_shrugging:

It is in no way a knock against her obvious talent, but, it is my truth.

1 Like

You’re missing a 0 in that 500000000… :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That’s always the cycle. Gets some news/rumors, goes up, cools when people move to the next thing.

They will pick up again with more news.

Once there are more printed copies of a book than AOL CDs made we know the industry has gone crazy.

2 Likes

Very common with a lot of Image titles as well. Goes up, drops back down… next time you see heat is news of media option or show… heats back up, then back down.

Her best WW B covers were the earlier ones in the run then gets repetitive somehow later on but still good art nonetheless. At least you can tell she never hurry making them.

I’ve noticed DOT #1, bought a few CGC around the $100 mark imo a good time to buy- I’m also seeing some variants picking up heat, look at issues #5 and #6 they are turning to ghosts, maybe sell em if u got em or grab CGC if they are cheap

1 Like

Wow! You’re not kidding. I just searched eBay and there is only one Cover A for # 5 listed and it’s in Australia. Crazy!

#5 is a key with the main villain who is supposed to be bigger than the Starfaced man. That might be him on the cover of issue #13, but it’s hard to tell with all the old dudes and undetailed art in this series.

2 Likes

I’ve sold every cover of #5 for around $20 the last few weeks. Initially it was cover C that had instant heat but that’s leveled off a bit , where the other covers (especially D) have all shot up

2 Likes

Thats one helluva price for a free comic!

was 250 for a 9.8 last week, but the book is 1st comic app of one punch man, and 1st app in comics of hero academia which just got live action movie announcement

What a difference a year later.

3 Likes

Buying at $199 is one punch to the gut. Man o man

3 Likes

I swear I still have one of these somewhere. Actually, I maybe sold it to a friend in a bundle of free comics. Sigh.

Eat The Rich #1 Frison Foil variant looks beautiful. Already gaining steam at the bay

2 Likes

Its a very cool cover. Sad I only had one and it sold already :slight_smile: