Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

:cricket:

issue 2 of this series, the doc chick, book is dead now

Octavia Vermis whoever that is

Morgan Le Fay and the Brothers Grimm

1 Like

2 Likes

IRS? Oh wait that mine.

1 Like

Just got back from 6 LCS in town. There was a total of 10 copies of Spider Woman 14 on the racks and I was there at or close to opening at most stores. 2 had none.

Also, Dark Blood 2nd print was a ghost. 3 stores had none. I got the last copy at the other 3.

1 Like

What’s the correlation there, to this new character? :man_shrugging:

There is something to be said for firsts, or 1st full in this case :wink:. Just because it hasn’t happened before…

1 Like

I snagged an, “Eat the Rich,” foil variant for ratio online and grabbed a second print #1 of, “Dark Blood,” at a local shop. Also got that, “Hero Trade: Passive/Aggressive,” which actually is two different comics depending on which your store got. I need to see if I got the passive or aggressive story.

It’s two different books. Damn. Need to find out which I got

Going straight to the deep cuts … love it

Just probability. As In the probability that a spec can come from a spider-woman story is very low.

I think the hype is due to their being nothing else Creating excitement this week. Just my observations.

If people think this character has legs outside of the situation that’s fine. We’ll meet back up in a week or two and see where it’s at.

2 Likes

What does ‘Aeturnum’ mean ? When I Google it - its like a verb - in aeturnum : forever eternally. Is it different or means something else in SpiderWoman ?

1 Like

I got 3 unstamped house of Slaughter today as well as 2 1:10 Eat the Rich for cover price. Also got a 2nd print of Dark Blood.

2 Likes

Got an “alert” that Passive might be the more scarce of the two…

Bad idea gimmicks again?
a11

Those are pretty short legs, lol.

Wouldn’t that probability be better off suited to the probability of a spec coming from a comic book? Rather than one specific title, especially when the title is of the most popular character family (Spider-Man)?

I really don’t think the title on the book should be considered when spec’n on a character. In fact, I would argue just the opposite. The lesser known title, with its smaller print run, can be the key to a great spec.

Gwenpool made her 1st appearance in Howard the Duck. Characters with longer legs can certainly appear in odd books. All New Marvel Now! #1 is another strange title that had speculation gold in it. I’m sure @Alana can name all sorts of popular characters who debuted in weird, lesser known titles. But yes, time will tell, as it always does. M2c.

1 Like

I hear what you’re saying, but If that is the case why has anything of significance ever come from a spider-woman comic…a comic that’s been in the spider family for 40+ years? Why is all of a sudden this going to be the one that bucks the trend?

Playing the odds here. I’m not a gambler, if you couldn’t tell.

Maybe because we could be closer to a Spider Woman, specifically Jessica Drew, appearing on a screen than we have in the last 40 years? I know, speculation… rumors… but it’s at least a legit possibility. You don’t have to spec on it, but saying it’s DOA is shortsighted.

Doesn’t really matter much on this one. Shops aren’t ordering this title, so unless you find some right now, cover price isn’t happening.

2 Likes

And I get what you’re saying. I still think you’re basing your odds on the wrong factor though. Regardless, I got 4 copies in hand, and I spent $20. If the book does nothing, I’m sure I could recoup most of that initial $20 risk just by the cool In-Hyuk Lee cover. :beers:

1 Like