Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

haha I hope so. Just checked mine and it says passive. Hope people keep buying in to the hype on the Bad Idea books on release week. Such easy flips so far, all of them.

Well, we’ll circle back when @agentpoyo does his one week later, One month later and one year later columns…till then :beers:

2 Likes

I got two copies. Both were aggressive. I checked the entire stack. All aggressive. Can someone post the passive first page on here?

1 Like

If you’ve ever seen the map to tfaw’s warehouse you wouldn’t blame the shipping service.

9 Likes

The first pages are shown in this Bleeding Cool article

1 Like

Ok, so we have the Bad Idea Passive/Aggressive nonsense this week…I am really considering not buying anything from this company anymore…getting weary of their gimmicks.

New subject…I hit several shops and noticed a concern with the Marvel print run across many books. Many covers looked to have scratches towards the middle, right side. I looked through a stack of Moon Knight Netease covers just to find two w/out scratches. I thought it just impacted this Moon Knight variant, but then noticed it on multiple titles. Wondering if anyone else saw this. I had to pick thru many books just to find ones that looked ok.

2 Likes

Thanks but I don’t read bleeding cool. On pride and principle alone. Rich has not been very nice to me over the years, including when I wrote for him.

8 Likes

I would bet on Silk more than I would Spider-Woman appearing on a screen for speculation. For the comic…maybe if you buy and flip them right now, but long term, I would doubt.

1 Like

Did I miss the memo?
Batman 89 #1 is going up in price. I was expecting to lose money. This might be a mistake.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=batman+89+%231+&_sacat=0&LH_TitleDesc=0&rt=nc

I bought a few copies because I like the retro Batman. Even though this is the third new Robin this year, I just had to buy it. This is probably not going to last. Opinions welcomed.

That’s super f@$King annoying.

“Hey, we know you signed up for a certain comic, but what if we told you there was another, more desirable comic that nobody was aware of, with different interior content? Have fun finding it online for $50!”

They just keep doing stuff that confirms my choice to not support their content.

5 Likes

I had about 75 Stray Dogs #5 second print cover A that had this weird imprint of a line on the back, and it would move down the cover so you know it was something moving on the printer. They didn’t say anything when i listed them all as damages, so I wonder if it was a common issue?

I don’t believe I had any issues with Moon Knight #2 here, but I didn’t get a lot of orders of that one.

They didn’t say that one was rarer than the other, people are just assuming they are. I got the email and it just said each store got one or the other. One may end up being more rare, but people are just assuming the Passive is lower printed without any proof.

Bad Idea is a pitch company posing as a comic book publisher. They’ve never had a profitable business model. I think most people know what they’re buying when they participate in all the gimmicks willingly.

Only one of these stories needs to get optioned and they’ll all light up. I’m just flipping every single book, but one of these could pop and trickle down to the rest and have been worth the spec.

1 Like

Do it has two covers or two separate stories? So if I preordered a copy I won’t have both? If that’s the case Bad Idea is really living up to their name. Ridiculous beyond belief if I only have half the effing story with no indication or warning beforehand. Going out of there way to alienate customers and not have there stories read.

For every person you think they are alienating there are probably 10 others buying multiple copies to track them down. It’s a great way to take advantage of the current mentality within this hobby so good for them on exploiting it and most likely racking in the cash.

They should be changing their name to Good Idea with these sort of business decisions.

Yeah but most are having to resort to people reselling on eBay and other similar platforms. It’s not like Bad Idea is getting the higher dollar amount for the books. They’re getting less than cover price and resellers are reaping the profits. They’re getting the bad press though.

1 Like

No publishers care about the price of books on the secondary market, they don’t make any money from that, their money is already been made from initial orders, what happens after that value wise doesn’t affect them. People reselling on ebay just means they had to purchase those books anyway so Bad Idea already got that money. Resellers reap the profit no matter the publisher on a daily basis.

True they could be getting bad press but then what has changed? They have been getting bad press since before Eniac even released and all it’s done is fuel the fire and sells books.

2 Likes

Love Bad Idea …better stories and better quality than marvel and DC…who cares about their business model…you want better business model…create your own comic company.

The fact the comics are generally quite good is one reason I put up with Bad Idea’s weird promotions.

You could write the best comic ever written, but if you only sell it at the top of Everest, I’m not buying.

4 Likes

Eniac was a great read. I wouldn’t mind a continuation of the story since they left it a bit open-ended. I could see it going to the screen as a tv show/limited series easily. The others were just ok for me. I haven’t read The Lot or Passive/Agressive yet. I hoping to get one of each. I ordered one from West Coast store and the other from an East Coast store- so fingers crossed.