Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

sorry i already created an account by the time you posted it

Apologize for the 100 questions …

1. I’m sorry if I misunderstand, but are you saying the buyer has 24 hrs. to return a book, but if they do the seller does not pay for return shipping (the buyer does) ?

2. Also, can I assume you prefer Mercari to Ebay ? The pay-at-once feature is a plus for me definitely, but I would have the same question as Kevin - would I sell more on Ebay vs. Mercari (despite the risks with Ebay).

Thanks !

The buyer has 24hrs to put in a return from the time it’s delivered the return generally has to be for item not as described or damaged in shipping. No one pays the return shipping it is handled by Mercari. If you purchase your shipping label through Mercari it comes with $200 of insurance so if it’s damaged in shipping you’ll get paid and the item back. It is like pulling teeth to get them to approve your insurance though in my experience. If the buyer asks to return the item after being delivered for over 24hrs Mercari will deny the return. I like Mercari but I also use eBay for niche books like boom limited exclusive and books over $2000

2 Likes

The majority of books I sell on Mercari I would have a much harder time selling on eBay due to undercutters and the volume of copies of that book available on eBay compared to Mercari. Much easier to sell a Young Avengers #1 when there’s only 5 different copies for sale on the platform compared to eBay with 500 listings for the book.

2 Likes

Curious about Mercari myself as a different option to ebay.

If I can’t withdraw my money, guess that removes them as an option for me.

You can if you add your bank account

1 Like

The major difference between getting paid on eBay and Mercari is eBay you get the money quickly, on Mercari you get the money after the item has been delivered and you have been rated or 3 days have passed. From there it takes another couple days to send the money from your Mercari account to your bank account.

Even @Anthony is a Mercari user now :grin:

1 Like

I have sold about $7k worth of books on Mercari.

1 Like

Amazing spider-man sins past issues heating up cause of current ASM storyline :crazy_face:

1 Like

I sell on Mercari as well. I told eBay to hit the road back in December.

1 Like

I use eBay and Mercari. Both have their charms.

This is the reason why I stopped selling on eBay, not comfy giving them that info especially after being hacked, Mercari is not option now.

Why wouldn’t an undercutter on eBay impact the price on Mercari?

I’ve looked on Mercari for things and 99.9% of the time go back to eBay because either Mercari had nothing, or it cost more on Mercari. I have to believe most people do the same.

You still have to compete with the eBay prices, In other words, It’s not like target can ignore Walmart and Amazon prices and make money charging 20% higher.

1 Like

You know we have people buying up comics off eBay at premium when you can find such things in stock at TFAW, Midtown and other online places as well right?

There’s a lot of people out there I’d imagine that find a platform to buy things and just stick with it, not even putting any effort into actually “searching” around for the better deal. You and most of us that spend time on a site on spec sites are special breeds who look for the best deals at all costs…

1 Like

You’d be surprised how many people just use Mercari to sell their things like shoes and clothes to buy other things they want and never attach a bank account to use the money elsewhere.

1 Like

Also if I got a $20 off a$50 purchase coupon and the comic is $40 on eBay it’s still a win to buy it on Mercari.

Marvel Zombies #1 going for $100 on ebay. Sell or hold?

All these what if eps are just being used to dump those books