Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

I thought a minor minor cameo was the Batwang in Batman Damned

2 Likes

Seen this book a few times n overlooked it. Wasnt sure it would catch heat after the others.

I have some issue 51! That’s getting hot?

1 Like

Did someone say cameo :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Haha… that’s why it’s just all silly. People debate the silly things when in the end, they’re all just effin appearances.

Should just stop the stupid labeling and go back to…

1st app, 2nd app, 3rd app… blah blah blah…

1st solo title (only when they get their own freaking title)…

And be done with all this silliness with zero standards set and there never will be!

@davidbitterbaum I imagine my lowly idea of a book getting “hot” may be vastly different than others lol.

But…I still find it in the cheap bins, and I’ve seen it sold in the 20 and 30 dollar range and currently listings are heading a bit higher even. Given we are still in just the beginning phases of Echo hype, I think it’s a great book to hold or keep an eye out for. I also haven’t seen it ever “highlighted” per se…it’s just sort of a good natural increase which I like.

Same goes for just about any book of that range with her on the cover by Mack…they are all pretty darn nice. Sets of that run in the 51-57ish range also are doing pretty well.

1 Like

Once Key reads your comment, it’ll be in their top list and the interwebs will break… :wink:

3 Likes

51-55 is a great set with the origin story of echo that I’ve been stacking for a while. They’ll definitely pop when she hits the screen

2 Likes

This was within 24 hours of your post, will draw more attention to the book. I agree it is worth checking the bins, most I bought for cover or less and was surprised they were still there.

1 Like

That’s funny we say it and it goes in the app. Nick from KCC should make a profile and chat with us. He’s a nice guy.

New CHU slogan… “Our Community Provides KEY info to Speculators and Spec Apps!” :wink:

5 Likes

When your brand is your face, it pays to be nice.

Behind the curtain, we’re all assholes with agendas.

1 Like

CHU’s Spec Bites replaces Bry’s Comics as we sell out to KCC… before you know it, the CHU ads are nothing but The Comic Mint (those bastards)

5 Likes

I found a set of these for cover last week. Need to go back this weekend to see if they have the Lady Bullseye back issues. I believe I saw a New Avengers #39 in there too I should grab!

Don’t sleep on Daredevil 58 either. Once you get past the Echo origin, you get the introduction of Angela Del Toro who becomes the new Night Nurse, then White Tiger. She’s the intermediate White Tiger between Hector and Hector Ayala and Ava Ayala. She’s killed but resurrected by the Hand. Already appeared (not in costume) in the Jessica Jones series, but it’s an overlooked 1st appearance.

3 Likes

Indeed. That one I think I grabbed when the show was on but thank you for the head’s up as I’ll look for that too this weekend! Lol

1 Like

breed ?
really

I would agree. Cameo vs. full debate/label is just so someone can feel good or bad about (or justify) what they just spent on a book.

In the end…it’s still a book with an appearance in it. Pay what you feel is appropriate and you can afford…not what someone else tells you what it is. Especially for descriptions that are based on opinions.

1 Like

The standard for cameo should be that if a new artist is on the next issue they are unable to draw the full character based on the image (i.e. Doomsday first, Yelena’s face hidden in all panels of Inhumans first appearance, etc).

Is it just me, or does anyone else when they hear “The Night Nurse” automatically think of a cheesy 80s late night Skinamax movie?

2 Likes