Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

My sale today. Named my price and someone accepted.

6 Likes

NICE !!! :grinning:

1 Like

Can get a first meeting of Galactus and Thor from 1969 for less than that, must suck to be brainwashed by spec sites and youtube in to paying $80 for that, regardless good flip for you👍

3 Likes

And I have 2 more. One being the 1:20 (?).

1 Like

GREAT sale! I have the Spider-Men #1 Newsstand and multiple variants so I LOVE seeing sales like this.

I have (3) copies of Thor 169 but it’s almost as if Marvel printed a million of them and that’s why the prices are stagnant. High supply, low demand (for now).

Yes, but can you get a first meeting of Silver Surfer and Galactus for less than that? :wink:

1 Like

geez

1 Like

Wow! Look at that case!!!

Oh damn… I missed this!
That perfect case was the cherry on top for me and would have purchased right away.
15k? pfft. For this book? - double pffft. It’s a freakin 9.8 for chrissakes! And its rare. And it’s J. Scott. And And And…
I’d give up all my Silver and Bronze high grade keys for this book in a heartbeat.

Now where did I misplace my sarcasm? Last I saw it, it was on another thread.

2 Likes

Man, you guys have so much issue with how people spend their money. It’s wild.

This didn’t sell for $15000, but even if it did, it’s a spectacular piece of art from a big artist and it’s rare. 9 blue label 9.8s on the census and only 39 graded total. There were 15 graded by 2015 so only 24 more in 6 years.

It’s been a known book for a while, one worth grading for years and there are 9 of these. A 9.4 of this sold in 2015 for $1400. A 9.4 earlier this year for around $5000. I mean, this book was already a $1000 book in 2013 in a 9.8.

Did I mention there are 9 of them graded a 9.8?

This isn’t your jam… kool and the gang. I’d prefer this to many ugly cover gold and silver keys for characters no one cares about in 2021. People collect Psylocke and JSC and Sketch covers and convention exclusives and 9.8s and super rare books… this hits them all.

I could be wrong, but I think the sarcasm is directed at the title/description. Might as well put “unread” in the description too.

The guy puts his phone number there. Are they not supposed to do that?

1 Like

Well, for $14,000 you can buy some really impressive original art. I’m talking Kirby, Ditko, Romita.

I think that’s the point. Hell, I bet the original JSC art could be had for cheaper.

As of today, you could get two original JSC pieces for less:

1/1. Much more “rare” if that’s what people are after.

4 Likes

I have that one, but not the sketch variant. It’s one of my favorite comics…just love Psylocke and she’s so hot on this cover! I wouldn’t pay $15k for that book though…I’d go for an older comic, or comics!

1 Like

Sometimes you luck into a really cool piece. You love it. But there’s that crazy price you’d break up with that piece for. Today’s comic market is insane. Sometimes there’s someone who is willing to get crazy.

I’m glad you got it.
Someone’s paying attention

1 Like

I am a JSC fan and love that cover. However hate the way he listed it (the seller, it’s super cheesy)

1 Like

Man, whoever writes for them has no understanding of how to use punctuation. My eyes! My eyes!!! ARGHGHH not the bees!

3 Likes

I found an Avengers Arena #1 in my dollar box and sold it in about 15 minutes along with a 2016 Star Wars FCBD book. Listed several Superman Son of Kal El that I found in a store today. Have them listed.

Did like $350 on my last Whatnot show including the copies of Avengers Arena #1 I got from Midtown. It’s been a good week of sales.

This modern comic did sell at twice the price a while back. Other previous sales included a CGC 9.6 copy sold for $10,800 in October 2020, and a 9.8 went for $15,000 in June 2020.

Heck, I think it is possible to get a recreation of that cover for significantly less.

1 Like