Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Not too shabby

1 Like

Bravo for those getting their money on this! The Black Winter bit me in my ass…so I am sitting this one out. Cannot trust Cates to commit long term…he has ADHD with his own ideas and characters.

3 Likes

He has stated he has more plans for BW. I’d be more concerned with Codex returning, if I went heavy on that.

3 Likes

Black winter was a great character, still holding onto my first and third prints. One day my third prints will buy me a house instead of just being able to build one with the amount I have…

3 Likes

I hope you are correct but the 3rd print was heavily ordered.

I’m re-wallpapering my whole house with all my surplus Black Winter and Codex spec :joy:

6 Likes

Anyone think Black Panther 1 2nd print 1:25 will do anything?

No, that is basically a dead title.

What makes you say that?

I just dont think anyone reads that book. Maybe Im wrong.

1 Like

Best incentive of this last foc will be Deathstroke Inc #5 1:25 Szerdy. One listing on eBay none yesterday multiple preorders at 10-15x cover price. Szerdy has a decent following from all his boob covers and just about no shop will be ordering 25 copies of Deathstroke #5 outside of the giant shops with multiple locations.

3 Likes

Also I think this is his first non store exclusive for a major publisher and a incentive to boot.

I think black panther is a decently read title but no real spec since there was a ton of orders and some exclusives for that issue 1 since its a relaunch

That’s why I think the 2nd print 1:25 will do well if anything comes of the new character.

I swung a preorder of the 1:25 Black Panther #1 (2nd Ptg Cabal Design Variant). It seems to have sold at double ratio price at most sites, but with my luck if/when I get it, the value will probably drop. I thought there was some buzz about the cool, new costumes of BPs team in the book.

1 Like

Me too. I think it was overlooked by many retailers, as they likely still have stacks of the 1st print. Not a great cvr, but new. All depends on the if the new character becomes anything.

There are stacks at the three LCS I frequent. I think there is probably some burnout on the constant rebooting of titles like BP, Deadpool, Ghost Rider, etc. I am worried about Cates run on Immortal Hulk, which I thought was refreshing.

I have no idea if it will make any difference on this book…or result in a recall (doubtful)…but someone didn’t proof read the cover very well!!!

Omega the Unkown!

8 Likes

hah, that’s funny

Wasnt there something similar with the 1:25 Spiderman book with Black Cat and Mary Jane on the cover ? Spell-check on the fritz.

1 Like