Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Online stores will do this if you prove to be a good guesser. They want the money for themselves and despise speculators

Safe to say thor 20 will go to a 2nd printing. Cover a is $20 on eBay. Even the villain variant is around $15.

1 Like

If it’s the last page on the cvr of the 2nd print, 21 could possibly suffer.

2 Likes

Or it’s just another character design Donny stole and changed the name.

If he writes for Marvel and all the characters are owned by Marvel, how is it stealing?

1 Like

Mjolnir is identified with lightning. Embodiment should be… lightning. Right?

Any thoughts on whether this God of Hammers character has showed up previously in Mighty Thor 10/11? This guy on Youtube is saying as much… https://youtu.be/4tHx_AYm3zs?t=2974

Mighty Thor 12 shows up on KCC’s Trending 20 list today and they explain that it is trending because;

• Origin of Mjolnir, Thor’s hammer, specifically its power stems from a cosmic, world-destroying storm trapped by Odin in Uru metal, forged into a hammer and enchanted so only those who are worthy could lift it. The storm was referred to as God Tempest, the Mother of Thunder
  • [December 2021 - the God of Hammers arc could be an expansion of this origin or at least inspired by it]
  • :chart_with_upwards_trend: +750% copies sold this week versus the previous week

I wouldn’t say Donny Cates really stole. I mean character made of lighting or energy isn’t a very new or original concept. I’m sure ultimate Electro has looked like that a few times

Stop with the Donny hate, he didnt “steal” the character. Ridiculous.

2 Likes

And Black Winter is not Alioth😂

1 Like

Stop the Donny hate, did you already forget king in black and it’s 192 parts just to get to captain universe Eddie Brock

3 Likes

1 Like

No one makes you read all 192 parts.I just bought the mini series. Thought it was mediocre.

KIB was mediocre for sure. I have Thor on my pull but just riding out this series until he ends it. It’s been OK… I thought Blake coming back and going on a rampage was fun. but this is it for me on Cates books. The plus, Nic Klein on interiors has been great.

3 Likes

Yeah, I too really liked that storyline.
One thing I had hoped we would’ve seen was whatever that Thor #9 1:25 cover was all about. It looked soooo brutal.

4 Likes

…I like a chunk of Cates stuff.

I liked Codex thought that should of been the future of Dylan and Venom not what we have today just same old looking Venom with Dylan inside

5 Likes

Such a good cover. In my book, that cover is tied with the following for the best of this volume of Thor:

5 Likes

As long as you don’t mind extremely decompressed storytelling, he’s ok. The plot for 1 issue is dragged out to 5 or 6.

2 Likes

Scalera is a beast and he knocked another one outta the park with that cover. And as long as we’re gushing over Thor Vol 6 covers… Coipel gave us one of my favorite Throg covers ever with #18.

7 Likes