Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Thats my favorite cover for the series. When I saw it, I immediately pre ordered it

I was collecting the incentives but after #10 my LCS stopped ordering enough to get the incentives so that fell away. I lost interest in the story around that time as well. Always enjoyed issue 4 and 6 covers

9 Likes

He’s fine. He reminds me a lot of Mark Millar. A shameless self promoter. That can get old real fast, and I can understand that. I think his Thor run has been solid. Venom was up and down, but I really hate that character, so the fact that I read that entire run says something.

That book is cheap to pick up, I may have to get one of those.

1 Like

I was trying the same thing in getting the incentives. I got a few of the big ones but some others are noted and worth collecting. Scalera and Copiel are also amazing. The SS #4 homage is still on my list.

Venom was meh. I wanted something new with him too. I thought Knull was cool but he didnt pan out as I thought he would.

I still think his Thanos Wins saga was his best. I like the idea of a space-riding Ghost Rider. I’ll take him being Castle too. It was one of those “No way lol” moments when I read it. It was funny.

3 Likes

This isn’t news. More of a reminder. I can see this cover disappearing from stores quickly. My shops never order a ton of the B cover for anything. Hits shelves in two weeks. I have one copy pulled, but I’m gonna snag a few if I find any. #pumpandPC

8 Likes

Yes but Millar can actually write a decent story with an actual good ending.

I agree with you on a lot, Todd, but Millar hasn’t written a good story since, “Superior.”

2 Likes

2 Likes

May be time to list a copy…origin of Krrsantan, I believe?

Just about all copies disappeared from eBay.

2 Likes

Keep an eye on their site if they relist them for more.

Still dont understand why Alana’s account was blocked ??

They know her….everyone knows her…

:wink:

1 Like

Should I be knowing her ? :thinking: The Godmother of Speccing ??

She’s been a fount of knowledge for me !

1 Like

Millar’s books are pretty much all mediocre to bad. I havent read anything from him ive really enjoyed for years.

And it’s pretty much the same type of story too… at least for me. It’s nothing new or ground breaking.

Not sure how this happened, but this book is blowing past $100

2 Likes

Time to sell :wink:

3 Likes

youtuber pumped it recently

I sure don’t agree with the price on the Spiderverse #6 or think it is important enough to pay even half of that, but I’ve been digging for that book for quite some time without ever seeing it (and I thought I would have no issue with the places I usually check). About two months now, long before any pumping took place. Clearly, they are out there, just not in my area.

2 Likes