Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

I’ve been grabbing those for below cover price

3 Likes

It’s not rare due to corona or whatever people are listing

2 Likes

Yeah, this book will crash hard. Sell them if you got them.

3 Likes

It’s got a dozen decent first appearances in it, the reason I buy it is for the Spinster and White Widow first appearances.

3 Likes

Has a pretty low print run as well

1 Like

How “low” is a “low print run”…?

Cuz thats VERY debatable and subjective…

1 Like

Isnt White Widow a character from another company ?
Didnt realize this Spider-verse book also has ‘Ghost-Spider’ from the Incredible Hulks on the cover too. Thought he was a cool character, but nothing done with him. What is causing the book to spike ?

The print nos. are important, but I guess it also depends on the spec info, and then the interest and demand.

There’s actually 3 different characters named White Widow in Marvel Yelena, Black Cat, and the Spiderverse character.

2 Likes

The books 12 new spider personas for #6 are all fan created characters from an enter the spiderverse drawing contest. But they also cameo in designs in the back of spiderverse 1-5 a couple characters each issue.

3 Likes

I guess I was referencing the character from Absolute Comics. Didn’t consider so many variations within Marvel itself. Thought Marvel would have a trademark/copyright (?). It could be like the Green Lantern spectrum; suddenly all color variations of a character are possible. (Black Panther, Red Panther, etc. :grinning:)

So is the Walmart Variant of Spider-verse a good spec ?

2 Likes

It’s a pretty big Miles key between him and his sister. If Spider zero ends up being his sister they still never revealed who she is.

2 Likes

I think somebody already debunked that theory.

Id say under 20k for a big 2 title is low print run. But ya its subjective.

3 Likes

The 1:25 brown incentive might prove to be better

1 Like

That does look nice !

1 Like

Wish I had more…love this cover. Got it when they were under $40 raw. I have a bunch of Walmart variants (both versions).

6 Likes

It was at ratio or below until a few weeks or so after release. Was able to benefit from that. I figured it’d be better than the Walmart version due to the supply.

3 Likes

Didnt realize there was two Walmart versions ? Just the color of the logo right ? I have one of the first ones that came out, but need to dig it out to figure out the logo color.

It is always relative to actual demand. A book with a print run of 2 million but with demand of 20 million is a low print run.

2 Likes