Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Went to bed early and missed the party.

2 Likes

Hopefully it is still available. There is a very real chance that many stores many not be able to fill 100% of the pre-orders given the sudden spike in demand after FOC.

1 Like

Interesting! I found them for cover on their regular website in the early rush yesterday (no longer available there). If they still have stock to pre-sell on eBay maybe my copies will show up!

Sold out at diamond according to my source.

3 Likes

We don’t order enough copies of books to cover for if there were a lot of damages. Maybe someday, but for now we just don’t want to sell books we don’t even know are going to arrive in good condition.

2 Likes

The distributors don’t have a stock level yet because the book hasn’t been printed / shipped to them. They allow you to continue to order, but it will show up as a “backorder”. The only shops guaranteed (I use this term loosely) are the ones who order pre-FOC.

There is a good chance if they put in a request for a few they will get them, but don’t be disappointed if that doesn’t happen.

3 Likes

Can vouch for this approach. Called my LCS and asked him to note on my pull to up my normal Sprouse pull from 1 copy to 3 for this cover.

He was happy to do so. He loves selling more copies.

3 Likes

What’s the significance here?

1 Like

Sounds like many of you just have really good access to books after FOC with your shops. I really do like my shops, and the owners are genuinely nice people, but they just don’t ever really get enough books, or seem to have the ability to do the extra pulls/set aside stuff like some of you have the benefit of.

I buy a ton of comics, always let them know of stuff that is coming ahead of time, tips, etc. Maybe I’m just doing it wrong lol.

Same with incentives. In my area, incentives are priced at the time of release based on going rate. Even if preorder the book, and alert them that I think they should order enough (Bloodstone is a perfect example), I still end up paying going rate (maybe even a bit more) when it releases. I told them well before FOC, and ordered it as well.

I have Darth Vader on my pull (not that cover) immediately alerted them and asked for that cover instead of the A, but I can almost guarantee I won’t end up with it.

First world problems I know…

3 Likes

Mando and Grogu on their first (comic) cover.

They sound too greedy to deserve your business

3 Likes

Ah got it, thanks. I was def sleeping on this. When was this known?

Something like yesterday afternoon

3 Likes

I was just able to order 20, but the message that FOC has passed and orders can be cancelled if not available was very clear lol. I don’t have high expectations :man_shrugging:

1 Like

And now sold out. All 346 copies.

2 Likes

I got mine from him at $7.98.

1 Like

He’s back at $25 a pop now

1 Like

Don’t pay it. Just chill and grab the wave on release day.

3 Likes

Seeing a lot of mainstream news sites talking up the Qi’ra show in my feed today. Time to list a couple spare Solo A Star Wars Story 1’s. Should see another bump as more people hop on the bandwagon.

1 Like

Was afraid of that. Opening now. Maybe they ordered a copy already and will hold it for me.