Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

At the least, foc is a month before release for marvel. That change will be good for books like thor #21, especially with how much marvel loves the last page cameos, because foc is past when #20 drops.

1 Like

This is the book i’m talking about, its the same character but this one shot introduced him and the other was a mini series/

1 Like

That was fast…

3 Likes

The team in that Spiderverse series has Spider-Man India and Spider-Punk so if those characters are in the new film (still not confirmed) then maybe other characters from this series will be a part I guess is what people are specing. But Spider-■■■■■ from Old Man Logan is also a part of that team and I don’t know how kid cartoon friendly she would be. She’s probably the better spec anyway with the Old Man Logan universe expanding all this time later and was still a cheap book even the incentive last I looked.

2 Likes

Seems like her cameo is better than the full app. Old man daredevil could be good, too.

I really don’t get the hype of Mando & Grogu on the cover where they aren’t in the comic. There already has be cover art on magazines and the Comix booklet.

1 Like

Me either. But the logic here is… Captain Marvel #17 2nd print

3 Likes

I really don’t think it will last. Maybe it remains a $20 cover over time…but it’s not a first cover by any means…so many better Star Wars Insider covers to choose from.

1 Like

I’m of the not always shared belief that a first comic book cover requires it to be a comic book. Not a magazine, t-shirt, collectible spoon, etc.

IF this stays the low print book that we all expect it to be (at least with what we know now), this feels like an easy hot book that will remain collectible. It does seem odd that Marvel would do this and intentionally not make buckets of $$$, so I still wouldn’t be surprised if something happens here. Back on order, a different cover comes out, etc. Who the hell knows.

4 Likes

ANZ comics selling at $50 a pop now on ebay. jesus. if he ordered the 500 Alana said, hes down to less than 50 copies.

I don’t recall that seller originally listing DV20. I scoured literally minutes after I saw the post in here. I’ve purchased from ANZ before and would have recognized. I think the cover got released after FOC and they placed an order for 500. Which means it could all be cancelled since its after FOC.

OR he did know about the cover and ordered before FOC and held them knowing what was about to happen to the market.

1 Like

I would say it is this based on the 500 copy purchase. That’s just my uneducated, educated guess.

It’s first Grogu and Mando in Marvel comics sure it’s a cover only but that’s all the rage today on the spec sites since Miss Minutes and Black K first cover appearances.

2 Likes

Now we need avengers forever 1 a to heat up.

1 Like

If those 500 all got canceled the book would spike probably over $100 first week with everyone who thought they had copies to scramble for something that’s probably not ordered too heavy pre FOC.

3 Likes

I’m sure it will in March when Captain Carter’s own book comes out.

Maybe it will convince the decision makers that we need a comic book series

Its not “in” a comic. Also, This months books all have a Lego advertisement on the back with Mando and Grogu (that is also “art”, not a photo). First appearance on cover (albeit back cover).

But to each their own. We’ll see where it lands once all the shop owners who claim short then have them on the wall and the FOMO settles down.

1 Like

Cool it has Moff Gideon too. I didn’t know about this.

2 Likes

Just got back from my LCS. I usually go in the morning within the first hour of open, but couldn’t make it til after work.

I said to my dude “so how many phone calls for Vader 20 today?” He rolled his eyes and was like dude. He told me he didn’t order any because the art wasn’t up before FOC. I trust the guy but he may definitely have ordered maybe 2 or 3. They don’t go super heavy on Vader and Alpha but i’m pretty sure they always have the 50 Anniversary covers for all issues.

Anyways, he said he placed an order for 25 copies since it wasn’t closed yet, just backordered, and said he left a note to Marvel asking them to reFOC it. I bet a lot of LCSs are doing the same. He said the speccers are gonna hate it though because he knows of another shop in town that said they would order 100 more if they can, lol.

1 Like

It’s past the time to put it back on FOC.

1 Like