Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

OK which one of you did this? lol

Star Wars Darth Vader #20, Sprouse Variant. NOT FIRST GROGU COMIC COVER

6 Likes

that is funny!

3 Likes

a 320 page novel with screenshots of a tv show is not a comic, cant wait till same debate happens with omega and sw insider 208

6 Likes

I totally agree. I bought 2 of those Vol 1s a while ago just incase the frenzy starts on it, but I don’t think it will. I don’t think magazines and other non-comic book publications should count towards firsts. But i’ll happily sell it to people who do, haha.

2 Likes

i dont buy the sw insiders, but i bought a few of the 208s cause omega hasnt been on any other kind of publication as of yet i dont think

1 Like

4 Likes

Why else do you think miles 33 1:25 is going $100+ lol

2 Likes

I thought screen comix could be a thing then I got one and put it on my bookshelf next to some Harry Potter books since it has nothing to do with comics.

3 Likes

This is first Mando and Grogu if you ask me since it’s actually drawn and not just photos of the show.

1 Like

What a deal!

1 Like

lol I saw that on his listings, too! He had it at 149.99 at first. Dudes trying to make a point and get some dramaz going.

4 Likes

Yeah, sorry the last sale for that book was 12/4/21 for $5 and change. That book ain’t moving up.

2 Likes

I should have bought that book when it first came out…now you can’t find a first print anywhere. I think it’s up 3rd or 4th now…and they’ll just keep printing them anyway. Doesn’t really lend itself to collectible.

I think the biggest negative for the Screen Comix is that it can’t be slabbed/graded by cgc or cbcs.

I think the Star Wars insiders have much more spec value. They’re also hard to find in top grade given Titan ships them flimsy containers and they’re usually roughed up on the news rack.

2 Likes

These days, if it can’t be CGC’d, then it barely exists in the mind of the masses.
I really don’t like the amount of power that the grading companies have.
In fact I hate it.
But it is what it is and if no grade, then usually no recognition

4 Likes

Well, it is only in “very good” shape.

I wonder if it’s unread condition though.

1 Like

I wish I could claim responsibility…but not me. At first with the “pumping” comment I thought @monopolyjackson , but then it started to pump the screen comix so figured not him either.

Not mine. But I thought about countering that listing with something snarky…lol

1 Like

Somewhere we located the first Grogu cover…it was some obscure magazine, I believe.

But what about first Mandalorian cover? And first Grogu/Mandalorian cover that is drawn/painted?

1 Like

How long until Dominion cancels all those orders from yesterday lol. That was probably a record day for them.

1 Like

1 Like