Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Yet another aspect of what makes this hobby so fun.

Side note- I could give 2 craps about this game. Eagles fan, they lost however Dallas did too so that eases the sting. Just a bit of casual conversation as we wait.

1 Like

I assume it’s during he halftime show. I just watched a little on yahoo…here was 8:06 left in the first half,turned away for about 5-6 minutes,…when I came back there was 7:59 left in the first half…

Oy…football can drag on. And since when have they been having playoff games on Monday night?

Go Bills. :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, there was a challenge there that takes a bit of time to sort out. That’s what the delay was. The new format with an extra playoff team adds an extra game and they’ve decided on it being Monday night. Your Bills look goooooood.

Moderators, feel free to slap hands off this is too much off topic.

I suppose we can move the play-by-play to the Moon Knight thread.

Truth be told, I’m a Jets fan…but growing up in upstate NY they only showed Bills (AFC) and Giants (NFC) on TV. I enjoyed watching Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith and Andre Reed for many seasons, though. Except the 4 Super Bowl losses…those were tough.

1 Like

After seeing this ordered 3 copies off web store last night for cover,yet to receive a shipping notice, though.

1 Like

Brilliant marketing though… especially in a complete crap game like this.
I’d love to see analytical data on how many viewers tune out the second the trailer concludes.

P.S. As a woeful Lions fan, I’d like to see Stafford do well. Would be bitter sweet though.

1 Like

Where upstate? I grew up there (left in 05 after college). Half my friends were Bills fans, half my friends were Giants fans. I chose the Giants.

I met my wife in DC and turns out she’s a Bills fan. Can’t escape it.

2 Likes

they aged up starbrand again in new avengers issue

There’s quite a few of us who live or have lived in Upstate NY.

So you all buy Moon Knight Fist of #2

I saw ebay wiped clean within minutes.

1 Like

I bet you and my Dad always say at the start of the season, “This could be our year!” Then he’s always so sad a few games into the season. Breaks my heart. I still tease him, but breaks my heart.

Bills fan here, but I’m expecting a KC win this weekend. If KC was playing like they were earlier in the season, I’d feel better about this one. But they seem to be getting hot at the right time, and they stomped the Bills in last year’s AFC championship game. Bills are entering the game with pretty much the same lineup as last year’s championship game, so I’m not expecting a different outcome (maybe a bit closer, though).

About 5-6 hours north east of Buffalo….2.5 hrs north of Albany, in that part of The state people forget exists…that’s not Canada

2 Likes

Nice. I’m familiar with it. I grew up between Oneonta and Binghamton. Spent a lot of time in Albany going to shows at hole-in-the wall bars and venues. Went to my share of weddings in that part of the state.

Sold mine almost a year ago…newsstand even…

Getting off topic, but here’s where I stand. They will not go anywhere or do anything until they draft a franchise QB. And you can tell by the end of the half of the first game if a rookie has what it takes. The last several seasons I haven’t watched more than the new QB’s first game before I threw in the towel until the next guy comes along. I don’t waste my time with it anymore. You’ve got one half to convince me you’re legit, and that’s it.

I’m totally unfamiliar with Moon Knight and have no idea what people are trying to flip, lol.

1 Like

Someone knew something lmao

9 Likes

every now and again you see big groups of sales on a book that normally sells slow, i always assume it a writer or production crew member making cash on the side

4 Likes