Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

No news. Maybe people have made it to the end of Fallen Star and really like Marchion.

4 Likes

There’s hardly any of the raw incentive on ebay. Strange for a 1:10. I guess sellers are submitting all of their copies.

Yeah you used to be able to find both covers pretty well, now they are drying up…slowly, but surely.

You are seeing a lot more graded copies though.

What’s this sites concensus on Once and Future? I really like the series from what I read and Dan Moras art is gorgeous but I have noticed its waned a lot in terms of popularity and so they’re definitely not as easy to find as later Sikc issues. I’m still trying to fill up my run and notice after 8 issues are pretty hard to find at least in my experience. I do like to pick up the ones I find and later printings too and they seem to have some decent value to them

1 Like

It didn’t get the same bump that SiKtC got, so print run are presumably relatively low, but if there’s any solid adaptation news, a lot of the copies would be hard to find, particularly the later incentive variants, which attract a reasonable amount of attention on release as it is. People who like it, like it a lot!

1 Like

Some later issues sell good- issue 7 and 12 from what I understand. I sold my extra issue 7 for $18 or $20 about a month ago. I read up to issue 11, but kept getting all the issues. I enjoyed what I read so far.

1 Like

I have a couple:

13 Likes

I love Once & Future. Great story, characters, art, colors. I’m really excited that they are bringing some Robinhood mythos stuff soon to the story (with the O&F twist.
In my opinion, it would make for an amazing show.
This definitely a difficult series to go back and find. I make it a habit to check back issues for it and rarely see it. Especially the 2nd prints for some of the already hard to find issues. Ordering and interest seem to want after issue 6-7.
Some of the later printings on issues 1-3 are really cool as well.

7 Likes

Lol I’m not even going to show you the stack I have here. They are still in stock at Diamond…I’ve been trying to buy them out but who knows how many they have over there!

2 Likes

I have way too many and continue to pick up more 1 & 2 on every trip to my LCS lol. Like to the point I should be saying, “wtf am I doing?” when I get home.

Planning to do quite a large pre screen submission soon.

3 Likes

Do you have an online shop or is the account just for your own use?

Here is Faele’s store. Comics, Trading Cards, Collectibles, and other products! (villaingaming.com)

1 Like

Once and Future fan here. The premise of the storyline is quite interesting, and the art is spectacular. Got some #1 3rd prints and some copies from the hard to find #8-11 range before they started with the incentives and the print run went up. Own a few of the original art to the covers, including #1 3rd print and #5.

5 Likes

I’ve scooped up 3 or 4 HRA 2 1:10s the last couple weeks, all in 15-20 range, and then adding a few 2As every time if a store has them. I think I have around 15 2As now and 4-5 1:10s.

2 Likes

I really like Once & Future & it’s a consistently good read. I like it more than SIKC, which I dropped after the first arc. :slight_smile:

Anyone know if Amazing Spider-man #87 has a Goblin Queen cameo ?

Someone bought 26 copies yesterday…

Not that I see:

Amazing Bag-Man is back though.

2 Likes

There’s a possibility there’s a cameo in there to tease the next issue. That’s how Marvel comics does things.

Need to see the last page…doubtful any preview provides that.

Books likely arriving at LCS’s by now, right? Maybe this person got ahold of a copy…

Or maybe they thing the Amazing Bag-Man is good spec.

2 Likes

Bombastic Bag-Man to be exact!! :love_you_gesture:t5:

1 Like