Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

That’s funny. I was thinking the exact same thing.

I know @AceGarp mentioned this(thank you), and likely someone else so apologies in advance if I missed you. We definitely discussed the appeal of this prior to FOC somewhere on here.
A very good grab/hold if you see it.
I get that listed prices are different than sold, but it’s moving in a good direction.

4 Likes

ranks up there, but the 1st cameo of mr sinister takes the cake

I probably read it from our resident loveable Drunkwooky. He’s responsible for about 2 short boxes of mine in the last 12 months! (I may need another box when all of the other books he’s mentioned turn up) Including multiple copies of
Star Wars 20 - 1st appearances of Elzar Mann - This could be a biggie. (May have to wait til High Republic phase 3 though)
High Republic Adventures Annual Cover B’s - 1st appearance of Porter Engle The blade of Bardotta.(Which we should find out more about in Phase 2 with a series (mini) from Charles Soule.
I am even eyeing up that High Republic Adventures Annual TFAW variant for the gorgeous cover of Bell Zettifar and his Char Hound. (Sometimes living in the UK sucks for comic distribution!)

7 Likes

I really like that cover. Didn’t see it at any LCS when it came out. Didn’t pull the trigger on MCS as I wasn’t going to pay shipping for one book.

I don’t like any of his other covers…aside from the Mandalorian and that one doesn’t awe me.

2 Likes

Does anyone actually sell Star Wars books? I have all the high republic books for sale and haven’t had a single one move since high republic #2 1:25, High Republic Adventures #2 1:10 that’s over a year without any sales for both those series. Other Star Wars books I’ve moved in the last year a couple WOBH #1 1:25 the 1:50s never sold, and a Star Wars insider peach virgin. I have two boxes of unsold Star Wars books that don’t get any views or likes. I could of just bought another clone wars #1 with all this money wasted on no name Star Wars characters.

2 Likes

Star Wars books i view as long term holds. They really arent going to move until they start using HR characters on D+.

6 Likes

I sold a couple various 1:25s from the WotBH stuff for decent profit and a Crimson Reign 1:50 but TFAW took 77 weeks to send it and the buyer requested a refund. Which was fine because I had sold it for under the current value, lol. I pulled any SW books I had listed because it’s too early, in my opinion.

I’m literally holding 2 short boxes and growing. I’m going to one of the two SW20 1:25s i got off MCS for 12 each and hold the one from TFAW that still hasn’t shipped, of course.

Biggest seller for me right now are the HRA 2 books. I think I’ve sold over 250-300 of them in the past few months.

I hold the rest of the ones in my personal collection. Just hoping they blow up at some point. Star Wars 20 seems to be a good one, I missed the boat on that one…just only got a few after the fact.

3 Likes

I have sold a bunch of Krrsantan books, No High republic sales lately but I am waiting on most of them. Most star wars books are long term right now in my opinion,

I’ve sold a pretty good amount, for the size of my collection. DV #6 (2nd) I hit a honeypot and cleared and have sold some to pay for it, SWHRA #6 I sold a few to pay for the ones I’m keeping, then some miscellaneous books. They’ve been (relatively) easy for me to move, but I’m not trying to move my HR collection or anything.

I’ve been stacking a few of the SW20 Sprouses waiting on it to pop with the Qi’ra stuff coming out eventually. Im surprised I’m still finding the Thrawn Sprouse at cover. I have about 10 of those now.

Besides Ahsoka, Thrawn, and the Sabine/Ezra one (which I also keep finding at cover) does anyone see any future heat on any other Sprouses? I assume the heat will only lie in characters that haven’t already faded away and most of all of the other covers are of luke or poe and stuff.

A little over 30 days ago DV 3 was $343 for 2 copies of CGC 9.6; an extra couple months back and a Kylo Ren 3 CGC 9.8 was included with DV 3 9.8 as kind of a buy one get one free. A lot has changed since then, things will change for the High Republic too.

1 Like

2 Likes

I’m not talking about older Star Wars books I understand those sell and have many. Just all this new stuff Since the new #1 Star Wars relaunch and the HR series.

3 Likes

I’m probably going to pull all mine down for sale and hope for the best in the future.

2 Likes

1 Like

Honestly I choose not to waste my time with posting new stuff other than what’s hot.

It’s all long term spec to me.

1 Like

I think the issue is cause the high republic stuff is so new and promoted heavily along with Mando season 2 people just went nuts and started ordering 40 copies of every single new star wars release then stuff like war of the bounty hunters I think there isn’t a huge premium for newer star wars cause they’re just easy to find. Plus after book of Boba fett ends star wars stuff is going to die down cause everyone’s moved on and then another new star wars thing pops up and everyone is like BUY STAR WARS BUY ALL STAR WARS

^ This, plus this:

People have been bad-mouthing Darth Vader 1 for about 6 years now, saying how it will never amount to anything because it had too big a print run.

While we’re talking about it, it’s not like a lot of Marvel characters really moved for the decades their first appearances existed. I mean, everybody here has been sitting on a stack of 100 Spider-Man 2099 #1 for over 25 years, right? I think High Republic will pay dividends well before 25 years, but Black K took 6-7 years.

6 Likes