Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Krrsantan is great example of a no name character that blew up last week. Not all of these HR books are going to pop but a lot of them will over time.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. I just picked up the last issue of each from my LCS shelves. Lucky day!

3 Likes

That would be wise, Jedi Master wise…

Not Necessarily the IDW series. I think those may prove to be the winners long term after HRA 1.

But to go along with what you’re saying, I needed to keep a pull list/folder going with my LCS so I had a place for them to hold last minute requests. I pretty much abandoned monthly pulls except for having both my two LCS’s pull a copy of High Republic as that’s the only book I think every copy is potential spec.

I was going to add the IDW series as well, until it’s demise was noted. Will likely add he Dark Horse run.

2 Likes

Yeah, the print run is huge but I have to say Krrsantan is looking to be a pretty awesome character! For those who didn’t get in on Darth Vader #1 when it was still cover price or close to it the $25 for the first print isn’t all that bad considering the characters potential. Definitely worth at least one copy for the pc.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I’m sure the 2nd print design variant is already being printed and announced Friday.

7 Likes

with a 1:25 or 1:50

2 Likes

My Star Wars books sell very fast. Typically within a week of listing. Sets, and individual books.

2 Likes

I barely dabble in Star Wars books, but when I get them cheap I flip them pretty well.

If anyone is looking for copy/copies of DUEL #1, Bliss On Tap Publishing posted some on their website. They also had the the 2 exclusives FS. Looks like the ECGCE exc sold out as of this morning. The TFAW exc is cheaper at TFAW’s website…

Duel #1 (Eryk Donovan TFAW Exclusive Variant)

they print on demand fyi

1 Like

Theoretically all publishers can print on demand if they truly wanted to. :wink:

Anyone read this duel book? Looks like it’s getting some heat but I think Jim comics was gassing it up hard

1 Like

The heat came from jimcomics lol

im not shitting on story, just letting people know not to pay a dime over cover.

3 Likes

That’s why I posted the link. Ebay was wiped out and then some listed later were like $14.99, screw that. Get it at cover and not pay flipper prices…

2 Likes

I just preordered it awhile ago as the concept sounded interesting. Funny it’s getting so hot.

I love it. It’s an interesting story, and I could 100% see it eventually being adapted in SOME form. Whether or not it leads to long term value if you buy it over cover price, who knows. Indie stuff usually is more miss than hit. But I’ve been telling people since last year to pre-order copies because the last time I had an idea of a small indie comic becoming popular was Nottingham, and people should have gotten it to read if nothing else. .

1 Like

Sorry I should have been more clean. You are submitting to CGC and requesting books of HRA #2 to be above a certain number right? What would that be?