Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Pre-screen for 9.8’s. If they are below 9.8 on the pre-screen, they don’t slab it.

The TFAW Exclusive

This guy has sold one of the TFAW Variants at $50 already on eBay

3 Likes

I saw that…then was like omg they are still preorder at tfaw!

1 Like

Probably same guy who’s paying $50 for Black Panther #3A

2 Likes

I’m seeing no chatter concerning ASM 87, so I assume no cameo.

4 Likes

Was thinking the same thing lol

3 Likes

The very last page has the goblin queen but it’s just a preview for the next issue, it’s not part of the story.

3 Likes

A preview, you say…

How long until Krap Kollector pounces on that…?

1 Like

She’s on the cover of nearly all of issues 88’s.

No one will care. Even KCC won’t be able to sway that.

3 Likes

The signed/graded copy I find interesting (Duel #1).
You’re guaranteed EITHER a 9.6 or higher.
So how does TFAW distinguish which copies go to which customers when there will be different grades?

I’m fine with pre-sales of a known pre-determined grade, but this doesn’t resonate with me.

I saw that and the sellers selling Duel #1 for $20 a pop after paying $4.99 at Bliss. The Bliss website finally says sold out…

STAR WARS 21 SPROUSE

2 Likes

Bliss on Tap turned off online sales so LCS’s can order, so if you head to an LCS today you can ask them to order some copies through Diamond, which i’ll be doing in about an hour!

1 Like

What’s so special about Duel #1 ?

It’s something we need to re-enable to settle our differences here in America… :crazy_face:

1 Like

It has spec chatter, randomly. Interesting concept for a comic too tho.

1 Like

Alexander Hamilton was not a fan of the book I’m told.

“HATED IT…finger snaps”

3 Likes

I think a lot of the heat was because it was a small unknown indie publisher and print run was expected to be tiny. I’m not sure that’s the case so much anymore. JimComics had done some research and thought the writer might be somebody bigger and just using a pseudonym. Here’s more of Jim’s reasons
https://youtu.be/iRPCLFPbblM?t=472

2 Likes

Jim is late… I was spec’ing/picking on this back on November 11th, 2021… :wink:

4 Likes

The only thing I know about Jim’s Comics is that he once went on a 5 minute rant back in the G+ days. He was angry that the G+ users were criticizing his picks and calling them out when they didn’t pan out.

3 Likes