Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

yeaaaa… I believe he did during the show.

Economics said this coming weeks marvel paper is complete trash.

1 Like

Dang… down to 1-ply already. I skip a ton of marvel books because of the paper.

1 Like

5 Likes

We need Bleeding Cool to make a stink about this, among others.

2 Likes

Yeah, everybody needs to blast them. I’d pay the extra dollar for a better product. I don’t mean going back to 3-ply either. Charge me $5 for some of that high end DC paper instead.

4 Likes

I heard this from economics originally but some other retailers I’ve asked say it’s no worse than usual.

1 Like

Well as an American I’m going to complain doubley anyway. :us: :us: :us: :eagle:

maybe he can team up with joe bennet on a project?

Did anyone bottom out what is going on with Strange Academy #2. Why the heat?

1 Like

i think its PC buyers, making full 1st print runs

1 Like

Ah, thanks. I didn’t think there was anything special about it, so this makes sense,

There’s just more Strange Academy hype right now with the 1st year series ending.

Strange Academy 2 has eye appealing covers, too…

3 Likes

covid under ordered

1 Like

He does not do commissions, sketches, or even sign any of his work.

Yeaaaaa… clearly.
He must have just been bustin’ my balls when I asked how much for a commission. I can’t think of any other reason. Which just makes me angrier.
Just tell me you’re not doing commissions.
Don’t bust my balls and tell me thousands

I find it weird that a creator wouldn’t want to even sign their books, but whatever.

1 Like

Ditko was well known for being the absolute worst with autographs on books.
I’ve been looking for 35 years in the old CBG and other store pamphlets; and since 1998 on my Ebay Search for anything with some type of Ditko signed verification. It’s never happened
I’m guessing there’s probably a handful from the 60’s, but not much more.
I’ve yet to find anything that is signed by him on a comic.

Barry Windsor Smith is getting ornery and salty in the last 15 - 20 years also w/ comics. He kinda gives ya a hard time with signing his comics. He did do it many years ago, but not without angst and a bit of a hard time

2 Likes

I tried to get one with Alan Moore and this is what I found that was affordable at the time

1 Like

haha right?! that’s an awesome find. it’s like, “glad i found anything cool and affordable” and you got an obscure series with stunning cover art. i’d never heard of this comic until now but A cover is an alex ross and is also epic, imnsho.

1 Like