Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

@UGADavid that is unfortunate. I love cons and love retailers. I love the ones that can teach you about books you don’t know about, and not educate you about the ones you do know about. I was at Baltimore a few years ago and pulled a Batman 181 out of a guy’s $5 silver age bin. Guy saw it and came over and happily took my $5 for it. Sent it in to cdc and came back a 4.5 which is about an $800 book now. We talked about tons of books and he showed me other little gems he had in there

3 Likes

Has anyone been to a big convention where this was not the typical vibe, though?

7 Likes

I guess @Anthony has…:grin:

I have had good experiences and bad experiences.

1 Like

At one point he goes up to an artist (Stuart Sayger, who is not a dealer for anyone other than his own work AFAIK) who is known for literally using his fingers to create art, and then complains about his dirty fingers.

1 Like

@Anthony That’s awesome. I’m flying up tonight to Baltimore to go to the con tomorrow. I’m not expecting anything as great as what you got, but I’m hopeful to find some fun books that aren’t off the rails overpriced. I’m also submitting my first batch to CGC there, so I’m looking forward to it.

@D-Rog Actually, the Indianapolis comic con earlier this year was the best experience I’ve ever had at one. Almost all the dealers were “make me an offer” guys and things were pretty chill despite it being the most packed it had ever been.

Damn

1 Like

I would pay $ to see if a dealer can talk down AF15 CGC 7 or better , TEC #27 CGC 2.0 or better. Only time you have a shot of not being talk down by dealer is if your bring a GRAIL so great that should you dare talk down to it, it simply make you look #%#^#%#*&#!!!

8 Likes

I wish that damn toy would go on sale. I want it, but not $50 want it…… way overpriced.

I also looked at completed auctions and that one looks like an outlier. Others sold in the $60-ish range graded (plus shipping).

2 Likes

That sounds more realistic for a dinosaur spider-man. Should probably be cheaper.

There is a good chance that these price will probably see 10-15% by next year due to inflation. When it goes on sales it’ll probably by the end of the movie, a 25% off my guess.

1 Like

Recent Lincoln March news should help this even more

1 Like

For the new (is it new, I’m out of the loop with a lot of CW stuff) CW show, right?

1 Like

I missed the news. It’s been years, memory is a little foggy, but last we saw Lincoln March, he was being punished by the Court of Owls at the end of that 50 issue Batman run, right?

I think he works for Joker the last time we saw him

I seem to recall him working with Joker during Joker War.

Multiple BP#3 (1st Tosin) have sold tonight at $180 range which is up from the $120 range it had been selling at.
Any news on why?

3 Likes

People who have taken our comments in jest seriously?

3 Likes