Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Idiots probably think he’s going to be in a Wakanda spin-off Disney+ show or something…

This is what’s stupid about the current market…the character is nothing special…at all… has…what…4-5 appearances in the comics…and buyers are spending that kind of money on him.

Moronic.

This is the 90’s all over again.

5 Likes

Yeah, some serious gambling going on but what makes this extra idiotic is they’re buying high, not low. This book will go down before it goes any higher (after the stupidity wears off on this current buy in craze). But you know, let idiots over pay… if you got them, sell’em I say! I stopped caring about people who overpay for bad spec… it’s all on them with the information that’s out there and common sense approach!

5 Likes

Sell your lower grade copies and submit the rest. It seems like he has a bright future just based on fan response, so far. I’m sure Marvel is planning to take full advantage of his popularity among buyers.

4 Likes

I agree with @monopolyjackson @agentpoyo and makes sense why people are buying copies thinking he might be in a future show/movie.

This was posted by TheDirect website and makes sense…

~SPOILERS~

Additionally, they plant more artificial heart-shaped herbs in the ground, so that more Black Panthers can be created in the future. This keeps the door open for Marvel Studios to change who holds the mantle if needed, and it could also open up the MCU to having more than one active protector.

As for now, Shuri seems to be keeping the mantle of Black Panther. Though, Marvel probably purposefully planted those new heart-shaped herbs in order to give them flexibility going forward.

4 Likes

5 Likes

one of my nightwing 81 sold yesterday. Sat there for months so I went online to see what was up. Couldn’t find anything but it looks like there were lots of sales.

1 Like

Nicks picks on key collector listed it.

2 Likes

ahhhhh, I see. Nick’s picks is the one category that I never look at lol.

Sooooo HOT…:joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

Is there a minimum that would make you happy?

1 Like

I dont get out of bed for books that sell for double cover price…

4 Likes

What comics do you get out of bed for? Do you only get out of bed to flip comics? If there are no books to flip on any given week, do you stay in bed all week? If so, how do you sustain yourself while in bed for a week? Rhetorical questions. :beers:

6 Likes

My guess is $20 shipped. A warm bed is worth more than $2-$3 profit.

2 Likes

I’ll wait till stuff hits $20 to post it here to avoid being hassled

2 Likes

I try and sell books when they peak to maximize profit. I don’t sell a huge quantity of books. Others may be more about moving large quantities of books. Neither’s right or wrong.

4 Likes

I know we all have our reasons for being here. Some are more quantity sellers where double price is worth it to them to move the product. Others may be doing it as a side hustle look for the profit peak and using it to feed their habit or upgrade their collection. I think it’s up to the individual as to how to use the information shared. I for one am very appreciative of all the information from all parties that are shared here and use it to inform my decisions regarding what to buy or sell :blush:

7 Likes

I used to sell if books reached $15 (10-11 over cover) plus shipping.

Now I’m a bit more stingy. $20 plus shipping

I don’t move a lot of books. Especially lately I may move a book or two a week with the slowdown.

It’s a hobby where I try to have some fun…don’t get too over my head buying new books.

7 Likes

My copy is in a wall display in my son’s (Grayson) room.

Flash Fact: November 11th is Dick Grayson’s birthday.

I should just sell my comics from bed. Start an OF of me in bed with really hot and popular comics. I’m sure that’s somebody’s kink.

1 Like

1 Like