Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Copies are flying off eBay today and yesterday.

I assume a rumor was leaked from Black Panther. Anyone have any intel?

4 Likes

Some dbag on the CBSI fb group claims that T’Challas son is in the mid credit scene. son takes his father’s name…ooook

And T’Challas son was already mentioned last year…

https://forum.comicsheatingup.net/t/in-case-you-missed-it-avengers-spec/2839

And this year…

3 Likes

Well, it made me a few $$ at the end of a slow month.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The honey has run dry!

1 Like

Gotta some how make up for the inflation rate that happening in 2022. Adjust all keys by 10% to offset expenses.

All the 4chan/Reddit spoilers have been pretty accurate so far for about everything marvel the last two years.

1 Like

I think just about every book I’ve ever written up in weekend specs will pop two more down this week with Abigail, and Azari.

3 Likes

No money, no honey

If you expect to sell, it doesn’t work that way. You can’t just add 10% to the market value

2 Likes

I watched a video today on Youtube from Cleveland Comic Con, guy had slabbed books (including Hulk 181) that he was looking to trade or sell. Retailers were telling him they were overgraded or just not rare books.

1 Like

These retailers must be dumb if they think someone selling a graded hulk 181 is gonna believe that

Let me scrounge around to find the video

I believe you they are that dumb

Cincinnati, wrong Ohio town starting with a C

4 Likes

Story of my life. Well, catching up for lost time now, arrr…

The vendors all hoping people don’t know what they have. They say something is over graded while buying, but they’d never say that when selling. Con men

2 Likes

This guy obviously is a rookie. What he experienced is nothing new.

I remember experiencing this at conventions pre-Covid.

No dealers is going to say “wow, man! This is the best book I’ve ever seen! I’ll pay anything to have it!”

And if they’re are CGC books then the dealers are right to examine them closely. Obviously this guy isn’t up on current CGC events. Most probably are not, though.

I get he was looking for a “dealer” who is a “collector”…but at a convention that person is still going to play the role of dealer and get your price as low as they can. That’s the game.

But if you really want to get top dollar don’t bring books to a convention. Ebay, Mercari, MCS, Comic Link, etc… or if you’re willing yo take on some more risk to skirt fees and taxes sell them within a Facebook group.

8 Likes

He was looking to trade in person. I have a feeling these copies were dupes. But these are the same guys who will get a long box full of silver or Bronze Age keys and say “eh most of this I can’t do anything with, I will give you $20 for the box”

4 Likes

@Anthony I went to Cincy Comic Con and it was not impressive. Most booths were extremely overpriced on their books with dealers trying to “educate” buyers. A lot of arrogance from a lot of the dealers there, but definitely not all.