Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

But I think you hit the nail on the head with your last sentence. The fact that he could crash or burn is what is keeping our interest piqued.

1 Like

If marvel continues to keep him relevant, I don’t think it will be a problem for gains

1 Like

Agreed.

insert
because you demanded it logo here

1 Like

Hmmm… that sounds like something that Marvel would do.

Noticed several graded copies of Star Wars Darth Vader #3 1:25, first Dr Aphra appearance, that I had saved sold today, 9.6’s and 9.8’s. Was there any news?

2 Likes

havent seen anything directly, but fingers crossed something is happening.

2 Likes

That explains it

DV3 is moving copies because they’re selling for a fraction of what they were just a few months ago.

8 Likes

I got a DV 3 CGC 9.8 for $270 shipped off eBay last week. Sub $300 prices are out there now.

1 Like

yep, I’ve been keeping an eye on DV3 9.8. I still feel they there’s further price drops ahead. Everything is really cheap now on ebay.

4 Likes

People mostly buying only movie/show related characters or properties.

1 Like

prices are way down across the board predominantly due to the economy. since that probably wont get better in the near future, best way to take advantage of these low prices is not by picking up books that are highly anticipated to have imminent media-related announcements, like dv 3, because any issue that pops during a sh&% economy won’t pop nearly as much as it would during normal/prosperous times.
not saying dv 3 isn’t a profitable book to be buying right now, just that dollars spent on the current low prices will go further in the long term with books which are not already on the verge of blowing up.
for padding the PC though? no time like the present.

1 Like

So what you saying is not to buy WhatNot exclusives for long term retirement holds for the PC? :thinking: :grin:

There are deals out just gotta buy what you like for the PC even if books go much lower you still enjoy them.

The flipping game has changed you have to adapt … do your own homework and not blindly buy Top Hot lists books…

And of course pray Tosin is next Miles :pray: I am kidding…

3 Likes

The reason Ghost Rider 15 is on that list and s because someone on eBay sent in 100s of copies to CGC and is selling them all off.

He has over 50 sales of CGC copies alone in the past 30 days,

And has 8 copies currently at auction this week.

Search seller:antea-3029 ghost and you’ll see what I mean.

I’ve watched a few…hoping to snag a 9.8 cheap…but they sell over $50 consistently.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Ha! Sell’em if you got’em!

I had picked up a few copies about a year ago…$3 ea. at the time I didn’t know why I did…

But today I’m $40 “richer” for it, lol.

4 Likes

Definitely sell them.

People speculating on B-list characters…smh

2 Likes