Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Bitterbaum is getting upset! Rant rant rant!

In which month did the decline of sales/devaluation of books definitively start?

Not sure. I was trying to list some stuff earlier in the year on Mercari and would get sales and then it just seemed to have stopped altogether. So I wanted to sell some more stuff and listed on eBay (I caved) and sold a few but most stuff just sat there. I didn’t have a lot of hot stuff but still…

Question for you guys who sell on ebay. So my sales have been non existent lately. I did list Black Panther 3 (Tosin) and sold it for $60 shipped. Other than that I haven’t been listing anything as things aren’t really selling. I only have about 20 listings for random stuff that isn’t hot. Question is for stuff that’s not selling do you just leave it there and let ebay renew the listing every month? I have a feeling some of that stuff can sit there for years.

Do you just keep it there or do you after a certain time period take it down? I’m not sure if ebay charges any fees for it. Do I just leave it there in perpetuity?

You can just leave it there if you think it will eventually sell or don’t keep it up if you are going over your monthly limit. Otherwise, it’s not really hurting anything

If you’re going to leave it there to get renewed month to month it will get less views from what I’ve found. I list new items periodically to get more eyes on my old inventory or you can cancel and relist old listings to get them back up to the top. This is all based on personal experience since we know very little about ebays algorithms.

2 Likes

I leave my books up and go back every couple weeks to make sure they’re competitively priced

I’m not a big believer in holding cold books forever, so I occasionally will convert a bunch of BIN books to auction and drop the start price to where I break even. As we know, not all books are winners, and I’d rather get my money back now to reinvest elsewhere. Of course this doesn’t apply to all books. Usually just more of the briefly warm/hot books.

I’ve had some luck doing that the past couple weeks.

2 Likes

The first sale I have had in a while was a GI Joe 299 1:10 Variant. Had a lot of people message me and not follow up.

I don’t mind dropping off the loser books that have no monetary value at Half Price for pennies on the dollar. I got my “money” from reading them… after all, these are for entertainment purposes first. :wink:

1 Like

X-terminators 3 seems to have some buzz due to content, but we’ll see if it translates to sales.

no buzz on the book if you’re referring to this:

2 Likes

All Moon Girl #1 cvrs sold out at midtown

2 Likes

Never underestimate the power of lethal breasts in a male dominated hobby.

4 Likes

Fem-Bot?

1 Like

Only speaking for the shops around me but there were quite a few customers really wanting the Joker Santa Bermejo cover. I know it was highlighted on these forums. Very few copies available here/on pulls only at 3 shops I visited.

I guess my limited generalization doesn’t really fit a “heating up”…but grab one, or keep an eye on it I suppose.

3 Likes

I saw some Joker Santa covers still at stores but they were popular there too. Two of us are just anecdotal evidence, but evidence nonetheless!

2 Likes

I had my shop order me one because they never do variants.

It may not have any spec value, but I feel it will be a classic Christmas themed cover for years to come.

Contrary to the book title, I can’t stop laughing every time I look at this.

8 Likes

It was one of my cover picks before FOC. :grinning:

Just a damn great cover !

5 Likes

Bermejo killed the covers on this series, but this is my favorite. He’s got a comic coming out Wednesday called Vicious Circle and the art is pretty crazy.

3 Likes