Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Agreed. I don’t have any but I would sell them all in a heartbeat if I did!

The card itself has sales of $120+ today.

I guess cause people are seeing it Deadpool’s “rookie card” aka first time he was put into a trading card even tho there was a set that had cards with deadpool pre x-force 174991-5335686Fr 74991-5335686Bk 74991-5335690Fr 74991-5335690Bk 74991-5335691Fr 74991-5335691Bk

1 Like

How can you claim white pages when it’s sealed in a bag?

The old Marvel cards are going absolutely nuts right now. Sealed boxes for $2, 000+. Sets from 1990, 1992. Sell if you have them. The holograms are $$$. I have no idea when this started but the last couple weeks have been absurd. Do an eBay search for “marvel box impel 1990” and see the craziness.

Holograms. Rookie cards (Stan Lee) and boxes are skyrocketing. X-men cards. Dc Cards. Pretty much any Marvel to DC card is worth a ton more today than a month ago. Skybox!

3 Likes

I saw a sealed box of Marvel Masterpieces '94 (i think) went for $3000+.

Actually cards across the board are going bananas.

1 Like

I loved the Marvel Masterpieces set from Jusko in 1992. I’d just left the Corps and had money to burn. Bought a ton. Thankfully I kept a set.
What’s crazy is unopened boxes were between $55-$80 just a couple weeks ago. 1k now…unreal.
Actually a good time to quickly check antique stores and sports card shops…this stuff was fodder for years.
The bubble will burst though…these were produced like crazy & many folks think that the prices of PSA 10 cards equals the value of cards in their shoebox.

3 Likes

Whoa, I have series 1 and 2 complete sets and a bunch of miscellaneous cards! My ship has come in.

3 Likes

People are dumb

4 Likes

Damn and here i am sitting on 2 of the more rare derek jeter rookie cards lol

1 Like

I thought Marvel trading cards were worthless? When did this happen?

1 Like

They still are. People are just crazy… .

5 Likes

Yeah I don’t know what going on but it’s collectibles in general are through the roof.

Someone I know posted about a Mike Trout rookie card. I don’t follow baseball but he said it sold for 10K, 10 mint I’m sure but wow. I remember in the ‘90s Michael Jordan’s rookie wasn’t that much.

Concert posters, comics, cards, etc. and video games! that one blows my mind.

2 Likes

I am so getting my marvel universe cards out and dumping them on eBay tonight… never thought this day would come,30 years in the making…

5 Likes

Tell us what you make off them

3 Likes

Full set…minty!

image image

3 Likes

The holograms are worth good money. Prob a couple hundred for the set? Especially if centered. And the Stan Lee is a consistent $50+.

1 Like

I used to have so many holograms. The packs with them had an extra card…so if you laid them Side by side you could easily Tell which ones had them…

Strangely I don’t know where my extras holograms are…I may have sold them on eBay long ago.

U1tramaximus said this last night. These cards predate the X force cards.

Found these tonight!

4 Likes