Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

I would grab the 9.8 Kanan The Last Padawan #1. Another book which all of sudden jumped in price is marvel comics presents #72 CGC 9.8. this was a $100 book a couple of week ago now close $1K.

s-l500

3 Likes

@IbukiLord I personally would take the 9.8 Kanan. I still don’t know if “the masses” understand how significant that book/series is relative to the whole Rebels gang.
Sure… I just went all in on #6 myself, but I’m just as big on #1. The cameo of the entire Rebels gang in that book is a big deal even if folks right now don’t see to recognize it as such.

I love Aphra as well so you really can’t go wrong.

1 Like

I have 60 copies of mcp that I pulled out of dollar boxes. They are not rare I usually sell them about $10 they would sit for 3-6 months in between sales of one copy. This new trend of buying other books because people don’t want to pay the prices of the actual book they want is dumb, you still don’t have the book you want. You end up getting ripped off and paying crazy prices for minor keys and you most likely will never own the book you want.

4 Likes

60 copies, impressive. are you selling any of them and how much?

Probably listing some more soon at whatever people are paying, pretty much gave the last one I sold 2 weeks ago for free on a bundle. I do have a error copy that has the wraparound cover backwards.

1 Like

Getting closer to buying that yacht…

This might be a bit more than dollar bin fodder :wink:
It’s actually at CBCS right now for verified signature (I personally obtained the autograph so it BETTER come back verified :slight_smile:

For me I would take the Kanan 9.8, the whole team is there. Only downside I see is the whole debate that it is a cameo appearance vs a full. I dun really care about that since I just go by first apps, but that could be one possible downside valuewise in the future.

But hey if you can get both, grab 'em : P

2 Likes

Go with Kanan find a 1st print Aphra

2 Likes

Darth Vader #3 in order of popularity would be the 1:25, followed by the 4th, 3rd, 1st and lastly 2nd. Buy both books you could easily sell the DV3 for $160 which would pay for both of them.

I sold another Deadly Genesis #1 Variant for $50. I expect all six to be sold within a few days.

1 Like

Going through marvel previews issues I found one that has 2 page previews of Moon Girl 1 , Vision 1 , All New Wolverine 1 and at least 10 other like Silk , All New X-men and Thor. Is this just an overlooked book or does nobody care because they are just previews?

Sadly, people do care and buy them when they find out about them. Which one was it? I keep them all.

All New All Different Avengers on cover November 2015

1 Like

Edge of Spider-Verse #5. The 1:25 usually fluctuated between $100, but a recent one sold for $600. There is only one left, and they are asking $500.

The regular A cover is also approaching $100.

1 Like

and it just sold for $207. Crazeee, considering ones before were $50-$70 not that long ago!

1 Like

I’m kicking myself. It was a spec I was following a long time ago from one of the sites I follow, and I had purchased a second printing for $30. I think it arrived damaged and I sent it back, then forgot about the spec and bought other stuff… oh well! Just looked it up in my ebay purchases…that would have been nice to have right about now…

Nice. I was selling these for $30 around the time the movie came out. I kept at least one…hopefully two.

I just sold 2 edge of Spider-Geddon 2 2nd print with Addy Brock. Is there some Peni Parker spec we don’t know about?