Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

As I blathered about the other day, it’s nice to finally see some books heating up. Fomo is finally kicking in again.

3 Likes

I don’t think this issue will fair well in one of those “two years later” comparisons.

1 Like

So people are buying it because the girl on the cover looks like the same girl in the preview for Ultimate X-Men…

But…what if ALL of the New Champions variants are actually characters in the new Ultimate Universe…?

Also…$24 ??? When copies sold days ago under $10…

thats just some dumbass FOMO

2 Likes

it is her, momoko confirmed it

I know…

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/ultimate-x-men-peach-momoko-first-look

2 Likes

The reservation i have about the momoko cover is that its an ULTIMATE mutant character. I know that the multiverse has helped with spec, but i can only think of a small handful of ultimate universe characters that are good spec. This book sold out real quick, but i think fomo is amplified by a lack of good spec over the last few month’s.

4 Likes

The new Kang is the only new ultimate character I believe in right now

If anyone wants one graded 9.8. I’m not affiliated or have any connections to site other than its a dependable site that ive ordered from many times before.

2 Likes

Those were prior sales. I think the book I highlighted was the only one on eBay still for sale, that I could find (outside of the NYCC variant). So I think that has more to do with it…supply vs fomo demand.

I didn’t even know the momoko variant had already came out. I thought it was for FOC doh

i knew that cover had some spec value, noice noice

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on GR 17 Barendes variant. I just sold my copy for $59.99 on eBay. Didn’t even last two hours.

2 Likes

I maybe need to dig my ghost rider copies out and list them…

1 Like

My love of Stegman cost me on this one. I have 3 copies of that Ghost Rider from my pulls but went with Stegman out of odd loyalty :joy:

He’s at a show I’ll attend next weekend…guess I’ll have him sign one.

IMG_6677

I dunno, that Dirty D seems to know a thing or two about hot covers… :wink:

Seeing this book going for $50 right now is killing me…I could sell now on the high, then pick it up again on the low…but I could see this cover hanging around at $20-$25…so after seller fees, taxes and shipping…and the risk I might not get as good a copy back as I have now (9.8 candidate) I think I’m going to hang on to it. GR is a favorite character of mine as well…so this was always for the PC anyway.

2 Likes

my question is what is gonna hold the books value up over time. no 1st app or anything. feels purely fomo driven. its a nice cover but it aint no batgirl 23

1 Like

Hulk 340 comparison…?

Punisher War Journal # 6 comparison…?

I think it just has that classic western showdown vibe. Maybe it doesn’t hold up, but it might be one of those books that fans grab and shove in a long box and don’t let it out…sort of like many spawn books. I can see that.

i see where he may have gotten inspiration from

2 Likes

The resemblance is…uncanny…?

1 Like