Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Don’t forget it’s a B cover so most shops wouldn’t have ordered too many copies unless you have a midtown near you. I know the shops in my area always order 5 to 10 copies of cover A and rarely if ever order covers B and C.

I’m starting to wonder in the future would these B and C variants of very hot covers be treated like newsstands are treated now.

1 Like

That is very possible where some of these B and C variants could be treated like Newsstands.

I was going to sell both of my #17 A and B Covers, but may just hold on to these to see if they do amount to anything in the future. That Cover B is nice though.

My question is more of “will Hellverine be anything in the future?” People are going bonkers over this. Is it because spec has been so slow this year people are grasping for anything? A mash up character that won’t last beyond the story arc doesn’t seem like a long term winner.

3 Likes

yep, no longterm value imo

2 Likes

Hey, if people want to buy it, cool. I’m just glad I had an A and B set to sell. I’ve checked a few stores to see if they have a stack laying around, but everyone is wiped out now. I’ve never been lucky enough (or smart enough) to buy a big stack of a hot book like this.

1 Like

Hellverine doesn’t appear in the issue, just a preview of the cover of wolverine 36. So if Hellverine amounts to anything Wolverine 36 is the one to get.

Any spec value for GR 17 would come from the cover and that it’s relatively harder to get than the A cover. If Hellverine amounts to anything that’s just a bonus. It could also be a combination of specs being so slow this year too and people are hungry. All this could be true.

Also I didn’t want to bring it up but since @monopolyjackson brought it up, it could be this generation’s version of Hulk 340. IH 340 also had no spec value in the book other than an iconic cover by a really hot artist (also a great fight between hulk and wolvie). Seems people really love this GR cover, it’s just very well laid out composition wise. Like someone said earlier has that classic western showdown vibe from a very hot artist. Even if this book doesn’t go bonkers and hit the stratosphere in the future I believe it’ll still hold some value from being a cool cover that people would want in their collection (like maybe in the $25 range?)

It’s very hard these days to have a comic that people want that doesn’t already have store exclusives messing around with the print runs, 1:25 2nd print incentives, foil reprints and other shenanigans killing its spec value.

1 Like

I have a GR 17 Cover A and B, you guys suggest just unloading these now while they are hot? I know cover A is not so much when compared to B. Who knows if Hellverine amounts to much, just like how hot Cosmic Ghost Rider was and then Marvel found a way to botch the character with the latest mini series earlier this year.

If you have no connection to the character or like the cover, why would you not sell it? The thing is no one here could really give you a definitive answer that would be right for you. The fact that it’s already hit $65 and you haven’t snapped rushed to ebay to list it says a lot lol.

Seems like the whole mantra of this forum is “smoke em if you got them”. So if you had asked that question last week the answer most people here would’ve told you to sell it when it was going for $20.

Personally I would sell cover A, there’s very few modern books in today’s market that hold their value long term. Cover B it depends on how much you like that cover and if it’s something you like, then you have to think if it’s something you would be able to get it for cheaper when the fomo dies down. Or if it doesn’t are you ok with not having that in your collection. That’s a personal choice.

2 Likes

I hear you on that. Sometimes you get that second thought of will this book be worth more down the road that makes you second guess selling.

Cover B is really cool and I do like the art. Sucks that my copy has 2 small tics on it. Once the next hot book comes around, the fomo will die down for sure.

1 Like

1 Like

Man, you must have hundreds of copies as many times as I see you post this book…

1 Like

checked my activity, 4 mentions by me, and that counts me saying a print run number for a store exclusive that YOU posted

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with it. Keep doing you

5 Likes

I like price updates. I don’t have any copies by the way.

2 Likes

ive only posted a current ebay price for this book once, and that was for cover A, first time i posted about ratio and only cause it jumped from 70 to 130

2 Likes

I wonder if this will have a third print of issue #1. Tfaw shows the second print as sold out.

1 Like

If they can make money there will be a third print.

3 Likes

You got that straight!

1 Like

Astonishing X-Men 4 (First Armor app) is selling. Not a big dollar book at all, but it’s been a dollar bin book for a while, so maybe you have a few you want to move. I’ve sold 5 of my 6 copies (again, not for a ton, but they are moving). Keeping the last copy for the PC.

Maybe it’s the fall season ramp-up, but things have been selling pretty well lately.

FYI.

Holiday spending season is a-coming, baby!