Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

One copy left on eBay for cover (A). Then it jumps to $16 shipped.

I got the “Christmas” cover not realizing that’s what it was. Went back to the LCS’s to grab cover A and they were sold out.

Had to order a few books that they didn’t get in the last few weeks anyway so added cover A to the order. Glad I did now.

Go with cover A.

My play is on the Stegman cover. Only one I preordered.

1 Like

Everyone is raving about Ultimate Spidey 1. I wasn’t even getting 1 copy, as dollar bins are just full of Ultimate comics from prior runs. But, now I want to read it.

1 Like

I’d rather have ultimate invasion 1 2nd print. His 1st app and cvr

2 Likes

Here’s what the cover was advertised as.

I don’t care for it being a christmas card variant for spec purposes. I’m disappointed they didn’t disclose that.

3 Likes

Yea I know, kinda disappointing as I also dont like the christmas card idea. I wish the SOLICITED cover was the real cover.

I think the writing is good in issue #1. Im actually looking forward to future issues, which is rare nowadays. Theres something about a middle-age Peter Parker learning to be a superhero that just hits home

I think I blew through my monthly budget for new comics just today…hopefully I can flip a few and be able to buy more comics this month! :grin:

Shredding my New Year’s resolution 12 days in!

1 Like

Definitely picking up the 2nd printing.

1 Like

I really thought the Stegman cover would be the one to get. I think the card look has hurt it. It did sell out first most places though.

1 Like

Hes on a bunch of first print variants

Which ones?

Featured?

I don’t see any

Jtc, pichelli, mcguinness, and cover a

That’s miles

1 Like

Ah. Oops

1 Like

Technically the whole point of the costume is to conceal the hero’s identity. So it “could” be Peter….

:grin:

It was gone last night at some other random online shops I checked as well. My LCS had 4 of the Manhanini cover left yesterday and that was it. Still surprised this is doing so well, but I will say the art is very good and I’m curious where the story will go.

Seeing where HOX/POX ended up, I’m still wary of Hickman as anything other than a broad ideas guy.

This could be shops cutting back on ordering shelf copies, and the average comic fan just thinking this ultimate universe is just a retread. Also, spider-verse fatigue may also have played a role here…reader caught off guard
And didn’t pre-order.

1 Like

At the end of the day, his first appearance is in Ultimate Invasion #1 and it seems like people are sleeping on those. When all the dust settles and if this series ends up continuing to be popular with people, once they realize that his first app is in UI #1, those books will take off. It’s probably best to grab those 2nd prints now while they are cheap + while the 1:100 Peach variant has a meaningless cover, could be the money book down the road.

5 Likes