Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

No affiliation with this store but anyone is interested in cgc 9.8 interested

cover A

Black costume cover

1 Like

Which is interesting since the first Ultimate Spider-Man came out to attract a new and younger fanbase.

1 Like

that’s because it’s the same audience all grown up now :joy:

5 Likes

This feels more in line with Immortal Hulk where the story and art provided some early speculation on the first issue, but mostly cover A. Other than an issue here or there it didn’t have any significant first appearances.

Issue #1 A can be had for under $20 now. And that price may be more driven by the sweet Ross cover.

You know the drill. Secure some copies and flip what you can while FOMO is high to pay the expenses. Hold a couple 9.8 candidates just in case, but I don’t expect much long term spec. Cover A probably levels out at a $20 book in the end, my prediction.

We’re going to see a flood of 9.8s within the next month.

1 Like

I don’t think there’s long term spec for sure since there isn’t any huge first appearances in the this issue for the 6160 universe. It is why I keep saying if anything that this universe takes off and Marvel doesn’t jack up Peter and MJ that they hook fans in or they don’t try to reboot this again, Ultimate Invasion #1 will be the book since it’s all of their first appearances. Just my 2 cents but who knows lol.

2 Likes

This is crazy

2 Likes

I originally picked up the JSC cover because I am a goober for his MJ. Anyway. Picked up two cover A today.

I just don’t know how much room there will be for anyone who pays $60+s&h on a CGC 9.8. I look at Spider-Man 7 in 9.8 that sells for roughly $115?? After seller fees you’re probably breaking even and Spider-Boy is at least an all-new character as far as we know. A derivative for sure, but new nonetheless.

1 Like

Now that’s some serious FOMO.

3 Likes

I found a couple of copies of copies of cover A at cover price so I picked them up. I will admit I did allow myself to fall for some FOMO a little. Mycomicshop had 1:100 copies for $30 and $26. Yeah, they were listed at 7.0 and 6.5 but I couldn’t find a thing wrong with the 6.5 using the photos they had up. I took a minor risk and bought it. Hoping just some dings or cover indentations that can pressed out. We’ll see. Anyway, if this proves to be a popular comic and stays that way after the typical flavor of the week time line then great. If not, A 1:100 Spider-man comic priced way below ratio. Why not.

2 Likes

I think people are seeing the last page of the book and thinking he’s in the black costume.

But I believe he’s in the shadows and it looks to me like he is wearing the red costume from his right lower leg.

IMG_0546

3 Likes

Exactly what I was thinking. But I also think he goes through multiple costumes…

2 Likes

I think people just love the black costume. I sold the shit outta Ultimate Spiderman today. Going to list some more but saw the price has already gone up again.

1 Like

They just raised the price $60 for CVR A / $80 for Black Costume.

Immortal Hulk didn’t get heat right away though. It got really great reviews and it took a few issues before it took off. I think Ultimate Spider-man might be a good title to keep on your pull list. The art and writing is superb and we’ll see all kinds of first appearances from the 6160 universe.

Issue 1 has a first appearance of the Green Goblin, already confirmed by spoilers as Harry Osborne.

If Marvel doesn’t screw it up, this title could be something that’s completely fresh and new that can stay unlike the first Ultimate Spidey. The more I think about it there’s so many threads set up in the first issue that this feels completely new and feels like Hickman is giving fans what they want all along. Nobody wants to see Mary Jane as Jackpot, death of Gwen Stacey and her stupid affair. Uncle Ben is alive, Jonah isn’t an antagonist, Kingpin taking over the Daily Bugle.
I’m thinking back at that scene with Peter, Mary and their kids. Peter kissing his daughter goodnight, thinking of how wholesome that was. Didn’t hit me right away but Peter and MJ should’ve never been apart. This all feels so fresh and new and I can see why this has really hit home with the fans who grew up with Spidey and has their own family now.

I’m keeping a few issues of the first ish just in case this series becomes an all timer. Could be the best thing Marvel has done in forever. Will be adding this to my pull list.

At least x11 sold today

That’s nuts! Isn’t there a 1:500 ratio? There are a bunch of 1:100 copies out there. The print run must have been fairly high overall.

Spider-Man has pretty much sucked since then. I never thought it’d go this far without them finding each other again. I mean, that was the whole reason MJ and Peter went through with it , because deep down they knew they’d find their way back…even Mephisto admitted their love is one that doesn’t come around except once in a millennium…that’s why he wanted to take it away.

Yet here we are over a decade later with crappy ASM stories and countless reboots. The Red Goblin arc was the only story that brought me back after one more day. And when that was over and they freakin rebooted AGAIN…I was like, I’m out! Have not returned.

3 Likes

Nice… You think we will get Otto using his arms as walkers lol jk jk.

1 Like

I think we just solved the mystery on why it’s blowing up. It’s Peter and MJ getting together again and having a family. Hickman better not screw this up.

I just listed some more copies, increased the price and it didn’t even last a half hour. This is the weirdest thing I’ve ever seen, it’s not like I’m the only one listing. I’ve never seen heat like this. I could list the rest of my copies and by morning it would be all gone. Going to hold back from listing for now, I can’t keep up. Have you guys seen anything like this before?

1 Like