Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

I think that is gonna be a hit. Video game tie in. Selling out everywhere. And out of stock at the distributor. Sounds like a winner to me.

Diamond is out of standard/A type covers for
ASM 45
Both Avengers Twilight issues
Blue Book
Helen of Wyndhorn
Ultimate Black Panther
What if Venom
John Carpenter

PRH is also out of
Avengers Twilight 4
Ultimate Black Panther

The others are in stock and just reordered successfully.
https://i.postimg.cc/zfSdTSgp/aa.jpg

3 Likes

Avengers Twilight #4 has an interesting ending. I’ll let Anthony spoil it tonight

Spec-worthy?

Not really. Not a new character or anything

1 Like

The Dark Horse Star Wars: High Republic Adventures #4 is looking scarce, no stock around me and eBay doesn’t seem to have one at cover price…

Out of stock at Diamond, I’m checking PRH right now. I gave up shelf stocking most Star Wars titles except the two main ones.

Confirmation e-mail arrived. It’s in stock at PRH.

1 Like

Must be same here, just low ordering Just wanted for all the first apps, apparently 8 of them. Starting to see some on eBay now

No, there’s some guy on E-Bay listing 8 first appearances in his and it turns out Cover B is also sold out at PRH as well as Diamond. I tried another order to get more of both just in case. The A Cover filled, the B didn’t.

I also got the new Thundercats section going, all the figures and comics together.

6 Likes

Star Wars books in my area are essentially at a “pulls only” status currently. There may be one additional copy of the main books like Star Wars and Darth Vader but only those.

It’s been an even bigger mess here than the X-Men lately with so many starting, stopping, mini’s and such. Every time they do that it requires another comic sized hole in the shelf to display them but the sales have dropped steadily since 2015 relaunch and the people who were coming in to grab a bunch haven’t been for the last 9 months or so. Online’s been piddling out as well. I think they’re pushing saturation point and beyond and now using multiple publishers to do it. I’ve got one of the local town cops that only buys the Darth Vader trades, not the actual comics. One pull for Star Wars still going. Baby Yoda excitement has fizzled. Even the Bitty Pops where Baby Yoda is the chase in every pack of the Mandalorians are all still here. I got a big display of cheap toy level figures and the kids grab Marvel one’s but all the Star Wars one’s are still sitting. The popcorn maker and waffle makers aren’t moving either. I did sell a Jurassic Park one a couple weekends ago and they appear interested in the Spider-man toaster as well but nothing on the Star Wars front yet.

2 Likes

Speaking of xmen, tomorrow…

1 Like

Same here. DH SWs are pull only.

A lot of firsts in that book.

3 Likes

I’ve been reading right along. I know the restarting of the HR titles can be frustrating to some, but it’s absolutely necessary for how the story and phases are going. My stores have a decent amount of HR books available and quite a few pulls from what I’ve gathered.

The HRA series books have really introduced a lot of important characters, which appear in the novels and other books, but have also featured some of the better storytelling. Trail of Shadows was probably the best HR comic of Phase 1, but I think High Republic Adventures was 2nd.

There is some great storytelling happening in the books. I really encourage everyone to visit their local library/use Libby and check out what going on with this era.

4 Likes

Hoopla is also great,man. I’ve been using it for audiobooks, but they have comics too. I have yet to use Libby.

1 Like

NOOOOO!!!They figured out what we’re up to and how to milk it for more!!!

BLOOD HUNT: RED BAND #1 LEINIL YU BLOODY HOMAGE VARIANT 1:25

BLOOD HUNT: RED BAND #2 LOGAN LUBERA BLOODY HOMAGE VARIANT [BH] ( 1:25 )
UPC: 75960620867800216
Price: $5.99
FOC Date: 4/15/24
On Sale: 05/22/24

BLOOD HUNT: RED BAND #3 CARLOS MAGNO BLOODY HOMAGE VARIANT [BH] ( 1:25 )
UPC: 75960620867800316
Price: $5.99
FOC Date: 5/06/24
On Sale: 06/12/24

2 Likes

BLOOD HUNT PROMOTIONAL VAMPIRE TEETH [BUNDLE OF 10]
In-Store 5/1/24

IMMORTALITY IS JUST A BITE AWAY WITH MARVEL’S BLOOD HUNT PROMOTIONAL VAMPIRE TEETH!
BETTER TEETH, BETTER HEALTH, MORE BLOOD!
This May, Marvel’s Bloodiest Event EVER paints the world red, starting with BLOOD HUNT #1! The children of the night, the vampires, have risen from the dark and hidden places of the world as one to drown the Marvel Universe in blood. Join the AVENGERS, BLADE, BLOODLINE, SPIDER-MAN, HUNTER’S MOON, TIGRA, DOCTOR STRANGE and CLEA as the dance of death begins, and you can look the part with these promotional vampire teeth! These teeth will be available in-stores with the same on-sale date of BLOOD HUNT #1, 5/1/24. And that’s not all: Each pair of teeth will come packaged with an EXCLUSIVE Blood Hunt trading card!

Each retailer will be receiving at least one FREE bundle of 10, and extra bundles are available for reorder at $10 per Bundle of 10 (50% off $20 SRP)

2 Likes

Are you required to wear the teeth when you make the book sale?

Title Changes

These changes have been documented in the below Title Changes spreadsheets for your convenience, and they can also be found on .Biz.

• BLOOD HUNT #1-5 Red Band Editions
    Please note: Although they are polybagged, the BLOOD HUNT #1-5 Red Band Edition cover art will have a unique logo/trade dress treatment to differentiate them from the Regular Edition cover art of BLOOD HUNT #1-5. Aside from the issue #1 Red Band Edition cover, which includes a subtle spoiler, the base cover art remains the same on both editions.

• The below listed Captain Marvel #6 Mark Brooks Headshot Virgin Sketch Variant experienced shipping delays and will now arrive with 3/27/24 OSD Comics instead of 3/20/24 Comics. The other three covers of the same issue will arrive on time with 3/20/24 OSD Comics

• CAPTAIN MARVEL #6 MARK BROOKS HEADSHOT VIRGIN SKETCH VARIANT
  • Note on the BLOOD HUNT: RED BAND Editions: The digital codes in these BLOOD HUNT Red Band Editions will unlock the regular versions of the BLOOD HUNT series digitally.

• The below listed Terry Dodson Variant printed incorrectly. Marvel will be reprinting this variant cover and copies should arrive to Retailers with their 3/27/24 OSD Comics. The other two covers of the issue were printed correctly and will keep their scheduled OSD of 3/13/24 (Regular cover, 75960620764000411, & “Order All” LUPACCHINO Variant cover, 75960620764000421)

• SPIDER-GWEN: SMASH #4 TERRY DODSON VARIANT (1:25 Ratio)
      • New OSD 3/27/24

Are you required to wear the teeth when you make the book sale?

They’re only giving us 10. That’s not enough to play with and I actually considered it for general use since I could benefit from some dentures but they don’t seem to have anything on the back suitable for actual chewing with. My date the other night was also freaked out by all the comic covers on the dark shelves of a dimly lit closed store and had us escape to the back so I’m not feeling she’d enjoy me finding other uses for them either.

3 Likes