Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

@LoveBox
Thank you!
Your post was significantly ahead of this allowing me the chance to snag multiple out of a dollar bin.
I’m saving the X-Men show to binge all episodes so the updates help (and I don’t mind spoilers if it makes me $$).

4 Likes

Once something hits that app, and you have 'em, we all know what to do :wink:

And I’m already doin’

4 Likes

Maybe we can do a thread based on year, such as [Modern Comics Heating Up 2024] to cut down data space based on year, same can be done for other topic. Just an idea…

Nothing is stopping anyone from starting a new topic for those long running ones based on years, months, release date…

Everything that was questionable and ordered Monday and Tuesday just arrived safely from PRH and still shows in stock at Diamond. We also solved the Spider-Punk Arms Race #3 mystery. The original solicitation covers don’t have the words 'Arms Race" on them so Diamond listed them as Spider-Punk #3 and variants. They are now in the progress of getting it corrected and all 3 variants show in stock as “Spider-Punk #3” until they get the title corrected. All of Spider-Punk Arms Race #2 is still in stock as well as the 2nd print of #1 so the title itself seems to have no momentum past #1 1st prints.

URGENT: Misprint on all cover editions of DAREDEVIL #8

We have been notified of missing pages affecting all covers for Daredevil #8, and we apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, the following UPCs for Daredevil #8 have been made returnable for the month of May and can be reported within this affidavit returns window. The publisher will be issuing a reprint, and we recommend that you place a new order for your quantities as soon as possible. As the affected stock may include ratio titles, these can be reported into PRH Customer Service for replacement. Please place all other titles through the general cart. If you have already reported your defective copies for credit and replacement through the claims process, no further action needs to be taken. While covers are to be stripped in the affidavit returns process, there is no requirement to submit any proof of defect to PRH.

• DAREDEVIL #8
  • DAREDEVIL #8 FRANK MILLER VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 FRANK MILLER VIRGIN VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 J. SCOTT CAMPBELL VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 JOHN ROMITA SR. HIDDEN GEM VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 SIMONE BIANCHI VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 STEPHEN SEGOVIA VAMPIRE VARIANT

Note: The missing 16 pages of Daredevil #8 do Not affect the main series story by Saladin Ahmed, and keeps this primary story in continuity with Daredevil #7 and Daredevil #9. The corrected printing will have a new OSD of 5/22/24 and be arriving to PRH by late next week.

1 Like

16 pages MISSING ???

Damn, that is a huge f&^kup

So customers paid $9.99 for 16 less pages…LMAO !!

3 Likes

No kidding how does that get missed?

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

Someone is getting fired…

1 Like

16 pages are missing, yet it doesn’t impact the story. Maybe stop putting so much junk backup stuff in?

4 Likes

But then how else would they justify charging you $9.99?

1 Like

At first figured there has to be a typo…either the 16 is really 6…or doesn’t effect story really meant DOES effect story…

But after some thought…yeah…it’s likely correct…

PROMO SURPRISE MAY VARIANT

Coming Monday in the shipment with all the red bands and free teeth. Anyone figured out what it is yet?

This…?

Deadpool & Wolverine WWIII #1

Cover G Incentive Gabriele Dell Otto Brown Costume Variant Cover

4 Likes

This threads about Modern comics that are going up in value or have the potential. In an effort to turn this thread back into what it was originally, I’m going to post something on topic.

And it’s not even his first appearance. He fully appears in Final Crisis #7. Which is also available in newsstand in both covers.

7 Likes

I’ve actually got one of those. Can I send you some photos and get a grade guesstimate?

1 Like

Me?! I may have seen your copy but I’m always happy to help out.

I’m pretty sure most surprise variants have ended up going up in value above the cover price by the time they get to the stores and we manage to identify what they are. Especially when they’re limited to only 1 per store. Some copies may leak out onto shelves at cover which people may want to know that they’re out in the wild which this one will be once the UPS deliveries start arriving.

This person appears to have 2 copies already and is asking over $60 for a $4.99 cover price comic Anthony or AP will probably find for cover. Marvel Comics DEADPOOL and WOLVERINE WWIII #1 May Surprise Variant Cover (2024) | eBay

1 Like

That’s all fun and exciting but I don’t need a tiny comic shop tutorial. While I do appreciate your contributions, keep the shit relevant.

2 Likes