Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

It’s nice of them to list them post FOC and at the higher rate. How many copies you think they ordered if they only open this link up after the orders were due?

1 Like

Ok, so this one is not all that modern…but a good flip if you can still find them cheap in back issue bins.

I bought this book a year ago on eBay…I remember Herbie from the FF cartoon as a child. Figured some day he’d make an MCU appearance…I didn’t think he woukd be cast this soon…exciting that Frank Welker will be voicing him.

I don’t expect this hype to last long…so I put my copy up on eBay today just for fun….its probably a VF copy. And it sold…

3 Likes

This is AWESOME!!

Sold a couple of Ultimate Invasions 3 Acuna and an Uktinate Invasion 3 regular this weekend. But movement on my Ultimate books really slowed down. Poop, they were selling as soon as I listed them.

Mine sat as the lowest priced copies for days before they finally sold. I’m glad to be out now….definitely cooling off…everyone moving on to the next shiny thing…secret wars 5, UXM1, FF209, etc….

2 Likes

Buyers have short attention spans. Its getting worse and worse.

2 Likes

PRH added the predelivery report for March 6 today and every copy added from the 2 test orders for Ultimate X-Men show shipping.

44 extra copies across 2 post FOC orders if I remember correctly.

2 Likes

I don’t know if it means anything but Edge of Spider-verse #1 appears sold out all covers at Diamond, PRH isn’t accepting orders either other than as backorders which I don’t expect to fill and E-bay’s pretty barren of copies.

4 Likes

Good to know. Will have to pick up a copy then.

I remember asking on here back when Edge of Spider-verse was on FOC about that Scottie Young cover. I was having a heck of a time finding a place to pre-order it for me. It wasn’t on TFAW and more importantly wasn’t showing up on my comic shops Comic Hub system that they use for preordering books.

I had to go into the shop and specifically show them/ask them/have them do as you all instructed in order to get it ordered. I know there are other options besides TFAW and my own shops but I just like to keep things streamlined.

Anyway, I recall back then thinking…it it was this much hassle…when it releases I wonder if it will be a bit harder to get ahold of. Guess we shall know soon enough!

1 Like

Looks like a head scratcher of a week.

I placed an order with PRH for all the other covers of Edge of Spider-verse and the regular covers order came in rapidly going to back order, the second order hasn’t had the 2nd e-mail come in yet and I even tried ordering the foils I’m boycotting since diamond appears sold out.

The other shocker, Ultimate Spider-man #2 for no reason I can understand is also sold out and listing out at $9.99 on E-Bay or higher currently. I’ve got test orders in for all covers of that issue as well to see what the 2nd e-mail confirmation says.

All other Marvel. Dark Horse and IDW I processed show in stock and available to order.

1 Like

Half the Edge of Spider-verse open order variants are filling, the other half went to back order.

I’m even getting the foil I really didn’t want.

The other e-mail came in just now for Ultimate spider-man 2, checking now.

All Ultimate Spider-man #2’s went to back order which should not fill I expect.

You may now begin to officially panic.

4 Likes

https://www.midtowncomics.com/product/2288762

(limit 1) but available

3 Likes

Thank you @sleeper13
I was ultimately able to pre order some/figured out a way, but it just took more work/hassle then I would expect. I always think, if it was a hassle for me, and I had to bring it to my own shops attention…perhaps that could impact others that are doing the same (and don’t have great assistance from folks like you all).

1 Like

If anyone still wants/needs another copy of Ultimate Spiderman #2 you can get one at Midtown.

I don’t even see an Edge of Spider-verse #1 standard cover on E-Bay now other than the 2 multi cover listings that have already sold out but still display. I wasn’t paying attention real close and thought that was Cyclops at first. Reminds me of his look other than the legs now that I’m looking closer. I really liked all of the covers for #1 now that I’ve had time to slow down and look.

I feel like a rubber necker at a traffic accident scene. Will the masses swarm on shops around the world in numbers enough to horde the overordered qty of Ultimate Spider-Man #2 and keep the price 2 to 3 times cover??? What will Edge of Spider-verse #1 do when a copy becomes available again? Will Spawn #350 do anything at all? Who’s going to be the 1st to blink out of all those copies of Ultimate Black Panther listed between $30 to $35 and start undercutting the price back down to $10 eventually?? Lots of copies clustered together on E-Bay right now.

3 Likes

Could make for a dramatic week.

Going to do a little Wednesday warrior tomorrow. See what happens.

1 Like

Tracking number for my Taylor Swift Little Golden Books replenishment shipment from PRH just came in. No spec potential yet. There’s a lot of copies already on E-Bay but if those Swifties get back to making babies now that the Super Bowl is over there may be something there in 9 months or so. Someone’s already parking at $49.99 with anticipation.

Edge of Spidey #1 A cover featuring Weapon 7 and the one per store variant will be hot. The story is sick he dominates Wolverine and shuts down Cap. I could see him getting his own book. No copies of the A cover with him on the cover on eBay that I can find all out of stock. But I snagged multiples once Bill leaked the story last week. Super sick character.

1 Like

Not hot.

Not sick.

Rinse and repeat.

4 Likes