Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

It appears Ultimate X-Men #1 is now sold out of back stock/extras at PRH. Today’s order went to backordered instead of getting priced as Saturdays was.

Backordered, if it was a trade, Little Golden book, etc that was likely to get another print would eventually fill in most cases I’ve seen with PRH. With comics it’s not impossible but most likely will not happen. I assume they hold back a number of copies like Diamond does to cover damages but if any are left over, the back orders would fill first although I expect there will not be enough to fill them all.

Diamond, even though you can’t order the comic from their website, you can still call in and if the sales person is in the mood, they can manually get an order thru under back order from their end. It still doesn’t mean you’ll get the comic but at least then there’s a chance if enough damage copies are leftover to fill some. If there aren’t enough back orders, the extra may pop back up on the web site after a time. They also do that with returns sometimes I’m told.

I also expect UX1 was ordered heavy enough there should be no reason for it to command more than cover by release day. Even now I’m expecting Ultimate Spider-man #2 to gradually come back down due to the large print size and undercutters eventually setting in.

I would not mind being wrong and seeing them stay up.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you missed, again

1 Like

That is dope sick!

This is the cheapest one I can find on eBay…really annoying trying to search for this title.

3 Likes

Its sad you’re F5ing Ebay until sales appear that you like.

And again, I didnt miss out. I stated reasons why I didnt buy it.

Also, thats not heating up. Double cover price ? lol…cmon…

This book will die a quicker death than Avengers Twilight #1

1 Like

That still does okay, doesn’t it?

2 Likes

Gone now.

2 Likes

I got one of those, one foil for cover, the Nakayama cover for my MJ in Spidey suit and one of the Skottie Young covers to see what it does.

The MJ in the Spidey Suit is real nice.

It’s my favorite theme in Spider-Man covers.

Midtown still had A at cover…

2 Likes

My shop had two of the Polybag covers. Several of Cover A left too. Ultimate Spider-Man 2 was cleared out though. Said they had folks calling all day about it.

Also still available at midtown.

Worth the risk of ordering one to see if you get an error variant.

This will slow things down temporarily…

Do you guys n gals think that eventually Ultimate Spidey’s all black suit will become the new Ultimate Venom?

Certainly possible. Maybe not a symbiote but some type of AI.

But have to see if Peter rejects this costume or just modifies it.

:joy::rofl::saluting_face: hold the line buddy

I hit my LCS after work yesterday and no copies of Ultimate Spider-man 2 left at all. I got the last copy of the color McFarlane Spawn 350. I also got the last copy of cover A for Edge of Spider-verse. I still can’t believe USM 2 was wiped out. The heat is real, apparently.

1 Like

5 out of 9 copies still in hand. Two regulars grabbed a copy, one grandma called in and brought the teen down and 1 sold online. I imagine E-Bay should be getting slammed by now and the undercutters walking the price back down.

Edge of Spider-verse Cover A finally has copies buy it now on E-bay and last time I looked they’re already undercutting each down to barely more than cover price.

No interest at all so far on Spawn #350. Maybe by the weekend but I don’t expect any thru walk-ins.

1 Like