Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

A shop by me said he was allocated on Ultimate BP and Penguin said something about a ton of books missing.
This isn’t a guy who would lie about it as I’ve known him. He doesn’t even have enough for pulls. He received 3 copies.

The only way he is missing copies is if he stuck them in a box to be ‘found’ later

1 Like

He said this was correspondence from Penguin House (the books lost deal)… I’m definitely not naive but this guy orders next to nothing to begin with. Usually only pulls so I’ve never found him to be that type in the 30 years he’s run his shop. Guess there’s always a first lol.

If there’s damages, that’s one thing. Except for the 3 he got, he probably submitted orders after FOC

Oof…:rofl:

1 Like

Corner tears? That complicates things.

1 Like

It was allocated to ebay :joy:

3 Likes

Sure they were….

2 Likes

It’s starting to feel like the good ol’ days.
Anticipation
Allocation
Memes poking fun at the Allocation

It kinda feels good

3 Likes

I ordered 5 FoC and got 5… I only read about half the book cause I was on my way out the door. But I was meh about the story so far. It didn’t grab my interest like USM did.

Whoa, when did this pop?

I picked up a copy a couple months ago…but hype had settled down by then…then now I see this.

2 Likes

It popped a while back when Ultimate Xmen was announced and Maystorm was going to be a member. This is her first cover so it just stayed hot.

Well, it was maybe a $15-$20 book back then…now double.

First appearance (as well as Ult BP) in Ultimate Universe #1?

2 Likes

Everything in 2024 going up!

2 Likes

Also I think it was relatively hard to find. Unless you live next to a midtown I don’t know how many stores ordered more than a copy or 2 of these variants. Most shops just order cover As, that’s what my shop did.

Our forum was on to it early when it was announced and I did try to look for it but couldn’t find any.

Everything in 2024 going up!

Ultimate is the buzzword it appears.

@D-Rog It’s funny you mentioned that x-men book. I was watching a Whatnot stream last night that highlighted that book and I though the same thing. I had to go back to my collection and double check I had one thankfully.
I do remember trying to find that book a couple of months ago and even then it wasn’t around.

I purchased 2 9.8 copies for $49.99 each back in December, glad I did then…sheesh Raw almost going for that!

2 Likes

New spec book:

Afterburn #1 from Red 5 Comics.

Deadline reported that Dave Bautista and Samuel Jackson are now attached to the movie adaptation.

Book is selling for $20-$40 for 1st issue. Sell them if you have them!

3 Likes

5 dollars a copy if anyone wants one or 195 currently.

4 Likes