Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

The little green dot by Item status means order all you want at Diamond.

I just ordered 2 more A covers from PRH about an hour ago since I under ordered a touch and it shows filling as well.

I would have to actually order to be 100% with PRH but I’m assuming since the A was it should be as well. I haven’t seen a comic yet that PRH was out of but Diamond had in stock on release date.

1 Like

Does diamond change the color when the quantities are relatively low?

Yes

Here’s another variation, in stock and orderable but stock status low and colored red.

Here’s another from this week that Diamond isn’t going to accept orders for and may not even have damage replacements.

The regular non foil cover is not orderable either thru Diamond. Swifties are working their magic again. Order in to PRH to check both right now so about 30 minutes to find out plus however long the camera battery takes to recharge.

2 Likes

Here’s confirmation from PRH on the US4Man var in stock.

Here’s the Swifty fodder in stock at PRH.

Only question is how many fold over mailers will PRH send me this week? Last 3 orders total 5 comics which should be good for at least two, if not 3 fold over mailers I can reuse for shipping.

I’ll work the new books for Wednesday tomorrow. Regular UPS driver was back arriving late and I wasted a bunch of time trying to get out of jury duty, two subpoenas for the second week of May. DC and Image are finished but PRH and Diamond’s wares still need scanning and listings in the morning.

1 Like

I don’t know how PRH’s shipping model is sustainable… like you said they send individual books in it’s own mailer all the time… promo posters too. Free to the shop.

The sustainable part I suspect comes from the comics just being a tiny little insignificant part of the overall book business they base their practices on. I do appreciate the rapid turn around since I can get supplied sometimes in as little as a single business day if ordering early enough and in most cases the same week. Lunar usually holds everything until the next weekly order so if you’re asking Saturday for something with a street date Wednesday it’s going to be Wednesday or Thursday the following week before it arrives unless we select next day shipping and pay more. Add at least another week for anything from Diamond.

The downside is sometimes those fold overs transfer damage to the comics. I’ve never had an issue with a damage claim though so if it happens, it’s possible to have the damage replacement still arrive the same week.

The other downside is I’m pretty much trapped in the building every single weekday until UPS arrives and their delivery windows run from 10:30 to after 3 occasionally.

1 Like

Finished this weeks books.

Diamond is out of A covers for Dawn Runner and Ghostbusters back in Town.

Spider-Punk Arms Race #3 I can’t get to pull up at Diamond or at previewsworld to even know. Apparently it doesn’t exist.

All are in stock at PRH.

For now I’m a bit torn for my choice of book of the week.
Ultimate Spider-man #4 is most likely to have someone run in to get it but the supply is in abundance everywhere.
Star Wars Darth Maul I had a customer order a bundle for so I’d like to see it jump.
TNNT ONGOING #150 I didn’t even order store copies since they jacked up the price, subscriber copies only and the one subscriber dropped from getting all covers and ratio’s to just open orders so we dropped from ordering 58 copies to only 6 copies total bot both subscribers. Maybe that’ll learn em.
Rise of Powers has a couple nice variants including the Jubilee.
Pooh Vs Bambi may be the one I’m most likely to read and I hope finds a niche demand.
Universal Monsters creature will probably top Image this week for sales.
That leaves a pretty clear choice for my book of the week.

Just pure enjoyment with trips back to those little fun 3 or 4 panel stories added in back in the late 80’s and 90’s pre Skottie days.

2 Likes

I have a bunch of the Mini Marvels one shots that came out years ago. Always loved Red Blue and Green Hulk stories in them.

They have multiple pages of the classics reprinted in the back as well as new material. It’s in trade paperback form so it’s not going to lay down for nice clean scans but at $13.99 cover price it’s as profitable as selling 3 comics, with only 6 ounces of weight so it’s cheap to ship and it’s at least as fun as 6 regular size comics.

I also rather enjoy being one of 10 or less people trying to sell something as opposed to some of the other items there may be 100 or more listings for.

2 Likes

Mini-Marvels was an incredibly fun strip!

Looks like people raising the prices on their copies (Bastion appears in latest x-men 97 episode

2 Likes

That’s due to the new episode of X-Men 97 this morning, already getting sales.

As expected, Lunar bumped my box size up so they shipped the 1000 comic bags for free since they don’t charge more for the higher box…

Ultimate Spider-man is still in stock at PRH just now. I ordered 2 more copies since I’ve had the walk in grab one and a call in request a copy.

Still unpacking next weeks DC and Image which is light but it includes a stack of Feral #2 CVR E which is the stupid named one. 75 copy or match which means we could get multiple copies having purchased nowhere close to 75 copies of the others. I actually only purchased 5 A’s and 1 B CVR. Have the masses decided whether this should be cover price or are people pretending it’s actually worth $75???

1 Like

@LoveBox
Thank you!
Your post was significantly ahead of this allowing me the chance to snag multiple out of a dollar bin.
I’m saving the X-Men show to binge all episodes so the updates help (and I don’t mind spoilers if it makes me $$).

4 Likes

Once something hits that app, and you have 'em, we all know what to do :wink:

And I’m already doin’

4 Likes

Maybe we can do a thread based on year, such as [Modern Comics Heating Up 2024] to cut down data space based on year, same can be done for other topic. Just an idea…

Nothing is stopping anyone from starting a new topic for those long running ones based on years, months, release date…

Everything that was questionable and ordered Monday and Tuesday just arrived safely from PRH and still shows in stock at Diamond. We also solved the Spider-Punk Arms Race #3 mystery. The original solicitation covers don’t have the words 'Arms Race" on them so Diamond listed them as Spider-Punk #3 and variants. They are now in the progress of getting it corrected and all 3 variants show in stock as “Spider-Punk #3” until they get the title corrected. All of Spider-Punk Arms Race #2 is still in stock as well as the 2nd print of #1 so the title itself seems to have no momentum past #1 1st prints.

URGENT: Misprint on all cover editions of DAREDEVIL #8

We have been notified of missing pages affecting all covers for Daredevil #8, and we apologize for the inconvenience. At this time, the following UPCs for Daredevil #8 have been made returnable for the month of May and can be reported within this affidavit returns window. The publisher will be issuing a reprint, and we recommend that you place a new order for your quantities as soon as possible. As the affected stock may include ratio titles, these can be reported into PRH Customer Service for replacement. Please place all other titles through the general cart. If you have already reported your defective copies for credit and replacement through the claims process, no further action needs to be taken. While covers are to be stripped in the affidavit returns process, there is no requirement to submit any proof of defect to PRH.

• DAREDEVIL #8
  • DAREDEVIL #8 FRANK MILLER VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 FRANK MILLER VIRGIN VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 J. SCOTT CAMPBELL VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 JOHN ROMITA SR. HIDDEN GEM VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 SIMONE BIANCHI VARIANT
  • DAREDEVIL #8 STEPHEN SEGOVIA VAMPIRE VARIANT

Note: The missing 16 pages of Daredevil #8 do Not affect the main series story by Saladin Ahmed, and keeps this primary story in continuity with Daredevil #7 and Daredevil #9. The corrected printing will have a new OSD of 5/22/24 and be arriving to PRH by late next week.

1 Like

16 pages MISSING ???

Damn, that is a huge f&^kup

So customers paid $9.99 for 16 less pages…LMAO !!

3 Likes

No kidding how does that get missed?

1 Like