Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

Found 3 copies of Doom at my shop. 2 were riddled with ticks so I put them back. Grabbed 1 copy to list.

1 Like

Love the sellers name. Yeacapitalism

3 Likes

Same here. No Dooms. On to the next flip.

2 Likes

Listed Doom 1 and went out to grab groceries. Came back and it was sold already. Buyer registered on eBay today ( no feedback).

Iā€™m getting ultimate Spider-Man vibes with this book. Not that it will explode with lapse comic readers but in that the heat is coming from readers and not speculators. Good read, no first appearance. Must be getting good reviews from comic book review sites. Havenā€™t seen any of the usual spec channels pumping this up.

2 Likes

If you have a comic shop that owes you a favorā€¦use it this week (unless youā€™ve all pre-ordered being the savvy collectors that you all are). :blush:

2 Likes

In regards to DOOM #1. Anytime you draw in a group of buyers from a fan base that typically doesnā€™t collect/care about a comic itā€™s a good thing.
I can only assume that articles such as this helped.

5 Likes

This probably explains it. I was wondering why I got so many views for Doom 1 so quickly yesterday.

2 Likes

Stupid holiday here in Canada today, canā€™t go hunting.

Holidays are awesomeā€¦ they usually mean day off and no workā€¦ :wink:

Hunting for hot books at my LCS is my holiday.

1 Like

Buyers are dumb for paying that much for a preorderā€¦

2 Likes

Hit one of my LCS today and they had about 5 Doom #1s marked up to $9.99. Grabbed the best one in case it really blows up.

Grabbed two copies of the Adi Granov. All the a covers were gone.

That looks to be the best 2nd option for sure. And as a main coverā€™s prices get too pricey, youā€™ll have people looking at variants more and more.

They are going for $17-$20 already, will let them tonight and hope for the best.

I went into the midtown site on Saturday and bought the 22 copies they had left

1 Like

Just called my lcs, said theyā€™ve got A covers left. They put a few in my pull. Iā€™ve got 2 or 3 copies already, Iā€™m definitely listing some. I should have been paying more attention to this book.

1 Like

This one was difficult to anticipate. I was able to react early because an awesome friend gave me a heads up on sales

2 Likes

I have 2 cover A on the way to me and one Granov variant which is the one Iā€™ll probably keep for myself as it is so snazzy.

5 Likes