Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

Truly curious…I like to understand how collectors approach things. What thought process made you invest so heavily in UBP? Do you tend to buy many copies of most #1s? Like the character? Gut just told you to go heavy? You were able to secure them after the fact/hype?

I think that’s pretty darn impressive. People scoff at comic flipping…45 copies of that book at going rate is no joke!

Regards!

4 Likes

I didn’t see UBP doing much at the time so I only preordered 5. USM I did well on, 35 copies of A, 10 each of Stegman and JSC, 5 of the connecting covers, 2 1:25 and 6 1:10s. I just heard some general excitement (and hope) for this series.

1 Like

I hardly buy anything at foc. I’ve tried it, and I usually don’t do well. I bought all mine at cover price the week before and week of release. My method is pretty much scramble to find copies of whatever. It usually works out good for me.
It doesn’t always pan out, I bought a stack of Incredible Hulk #6, it’s done nothing yet. I’m sitting on them.

1 Like

Should have clarified I have only the one copy.

I tried to warn people earlier about this. Creeping heat.

1 Like

Everyone is scrambling to the LCS’s

1 Like

Wow time for me to list my Ultimate Invasion set!

1 Like

Stopped by the LCS today, couldn’t find any Ultimate Invasion 3 and 4. Found a couple of copies of issue 1. Also found 2 of these

Good day.

5 Likes

I must be doing something wrong. I can’t find a single listing for cover A (UI4) on eBay that’s not in a set. You can buy all the other books in the set for $20 shipped each. So is it cover A that’s driving sets to sell north of $100??

The picture listed with Miles swinging on the cover is an incentive.

This one, right?

Yeah. Also sometimes I notice when you sell as a set you tend to get higher prices. Sometimes the buyer is either too lazy or they figured they’re saving on shipping costs by buying as a set rather then individually.

Hell with it. I’m listing my copy for $50 and seeing what happens.

1 Like

The Maystorm book? There might be another bump if the new Ultimate Xmen 1 goes crazy like USM and UBP.

No, UI4 cover A. Since I don’t see any single copies seeing if I can capitalize.

1 Like

Just found these online…yoink!

I found x5 more of B today