Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

Idk about that. Everyone will know pre foc

Can bet my house that will not be the case. If by “better key” you mean better FMV.

isnt he a human in tag and blink?

Time to dig up my Star Wars: The Return of Tag and Bink #2 which is in a 9.8 candidate and send in to CGC since I am sending an order in this week.

3 Likes

I remember picking up a copy around 2017 when somebody made a list of Star Wars characters who may blow up down the line. I have no idea who made that list or where I saw it, though. Either way, I am going to hold, I guess.,

I’ve never looked through the book, and couldn’t find anything online in my search
I noticed the description is a cameo
has he not appeared in any other books? Is it just the one book?

The entirety of the appearance:

2 Likes

Just the one book

The market has decided the value. It’s not going to shift no matter what we think of the appearance

1 Like

Thats a weak ass appearance
LMAO

People are paying $$ for this ???

smh

2 Likes

So how do we know that’s Plagueis and not his “successor?” Looks more like his successor to me.

We don’t know but that doesn’t matter. This has been the spec for Plagueis for years

1 Like

I guess you can go start a change.org petition if it bothers you so much. But, until then, this is the Plagueis key.

4 Likes

I learned from my time here on CHU regarding comic book speculation and first appearances/cameos; Don’t ask silly questions, just go with it.

1 Like

It doesn’t bother me. But it’s not a definitive enough of an appearance for me to have any desire to own or invest in, is all.

2 Likes

This feels like the most blatant example of a cameo

2 Likes

It’s either this appearance or buy a long-term hold when they adapt the show, which I know you would hate, cause it’s not a flip

Anything Star Wars has become a long term hold or fire sale at this point. Star Wars comics had their amazing moment of fun in the sun and hopefully everyone cashed in at that point. It was pretty amazing while it lasted.

I see box after box of Star Wars comics at sales/cons/shops now full of all those books (including the one being discussed as it has been hyped before). Nobody buys them from what I see unless they are in the discount or cheap bins where they belong (and from whence they came).

As an aside, If you want to spend money/invest on a good item related to Darth Plagueis buy the 2013 Black Series action figure. Crazy hard to find at release/scarce, prone to damage, cool figure, highly sought after.

2 Likes

What sells on eBay and what will sell in the wild are two different things. The people that are willing to pay the market price will usually just go to eBay

Found my Tag and Bink issue. Ugh. I have issue 1 not issue 2. I was going to sell it in a heartbeat to cash in. In three weeks nobody will even care anymore (actually two weeks in today’s market).