Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

I second that.

Sort of a strange dichotomy when weā€™re all so so so happy that a Modern (or any book for that matter) gets a little boost of a few bucks ā€¦ even a $100 or $200 uptick with media news. We jump for joy!

And then one looks at the Market on a day like today; and realizes that $100/$200 is barely more than a grain of sand on a beach. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Its called Diversification. I play a lot of different markets in order to make sure one takes a loss and another is still profitable.

2 Likes

Doom One-Shot hotter than ever now. Makes sense with Doom becoming the next big villain in the MCU and Downey Jr taking the job

I shouldnā€™t have scoffed at that $20 price tag at the little show I was set up at a couple of weekends ago. There would have been plenty of meat on the bone now!

Another book that has nothing to do with the MCUā€¦.

4 Likes

No but almost anything doom related is hot right now

1 Like

Doctor Doom is the new Dave Stevens

2 Likes

Doctor Doom is the new Miles Moralesā€¦

3 Likes

Wait what?!

Tosin is the new Dave Stevens
(see what i did there)

1 Like

Whoā€™s Tosin?

Going back a few years agoā€¦ Tosin Oduye was potentially the ā€œnewā€ Black Panther.
Then, the running joke on these boards was Tosin was the new Miles.
Was all quite hilarious for a time period

1 Like

Bill of all the people on here, I would have thought you would have picked up on my sarcasmā€¦ I have failed miserably. lol

2 Likes

You got me! You definitely got me!
Time to smack my own head!

1 Like

Doom is the old Spider-Boy.

:exploding_head:

2 Likes

That Spider-by though keepsā€¦

1 Like

He hasnā€™t been as pointless as Rek-Rap appearances

Love this topic and thought I would throw in a few interesting sales that Iā€™ve had or saw recently:

Grommets #1 (1st print) $15-love this series about the 80ā€™s and skateboarding
Grommets #2 (1st print) $20
The Boys #3-1st Homelander and The Seven has been trending $55-$70+ depending on condition
Galacta: Daughter of Galactus #1 $50-$70

Just in case you are out and about looking for Doom books and canā€™t find themā€¦

2 Likes

@EricR Good to see/hear from you again friend!
Grommets is a great book. Really went under the radar.
I absolutely love the cover of that Galacta comic. In my experience, it isnā€™t an easy find either.

1 Like