Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

I was slow on the draw for the Power Fantasy one-per-store but my shops that tend to be good to me are aware I want the Transformers one coming up.

1 Like

IMG_2832

2 Likes

Vacation is Greater Than Comic booksā€¦ thereā€™s never a bad week to go on vacation!

Even my copy of Power Fantasy secret variant cover sold right away. Not for $90, but Iā€™ll take it. I thought the story was fairly meh.

1 Like

Art and story was blah

I guess I was one of the few who enjoyed it. Mwuahhaha more copies for me! :joy:

I really liked the first issue and see a lot of potential for a wild story.

3 Likes

The secret variant is already cover price on MCS.

1 Like

Great read, Iā€™m enjoying this series.

I picked up some more #1ā€˜s today.

2 Likes

Gotta wonder if this was a panic buyā€¦copies available for much less on eBay.

Probably just Anthony undercutting :grin:

Ha. I havenā€™t listed mine yet.

I just had a local buyer message me and purchased about 30 books off me. Pretty amazing considering I only have about 100 listings total :open_mouth:

Cleaned out lots of small spec stuff and random books thatā€™s been sitting for a while so Iā€™m pretty happy. Also sold 2 copies of X-men 27 Momoko (first Maystorm cover) for $42 each.

Happy day, now I have to start listing more stuff

8 Likes

Sales having been picking up for me. I sold three copies of Umbrella Academy 7 this week. They were cheap, but theyā€™ve been listed for 6 months+ with no interest.

1 Like

Iā€™ve started selling again as well. Just a few, but at solid pricesā€¦no undercutting to move. Iā€™ll probably list more tonight.

I would also agree. Had almost two weeks of hardly any sales and then last night six items were bought by different folks. Nothing major, only books from $7-$15, but feels good to clear out some inventory.

Btw, Iā€™m sure some of the folks on this forum sell other things than comics, but I found a box of old horror movie novelizations and Stephen King paperbacks in my basement that I was cleaning out and was amazed that some of these have some significant value. Found a Halloween II, Halloween III, Friday the 13th Part 6, and a some others.

That led me down a rabbit hole on Ebay that took about 2-3 hours. Ended up buying a Thing (John Carpenter) movie adaptation.

Just wanted to see if anyone else has sold or collects these?

2 Likes

I havenā€™t sold any but am interested in picking some up now that I know they are out there.

Keep an eye on Ultimate Spider-Man 1 (2024)

I think I mentioned it back when issue 1 launched, but I REALLY REALLY think that this new Picotech suit that Spidey has is going to become Venom. After his A.I. that is modeled after himself gets activated, the A.I. ā€˜s speech bubbles are black and white and it also keeps saying ā€œWeā€ instead of ā€œIā€. This in contrast to GGā€™s A.I. that is modeled after Norman Osborn which is clearly shown to be separate ā€œpersonalityā€ from Harryā€™s. It also looks like ā€œiNormanā€ is either going to push Harry so far that he starts trying to please his dad and becomes a villian, OR he bails on the suit and iNorman becomes the pilot, creating classic GG villain.

7 Likes