Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 2)

Looks like I started a trend. Another copy sold quick for $30.

Luckily if the book does keep rising I have another couple copies arriving. Hoping they’re not damaged…ordered from an online shop that doesn’t have a physical shop…which I hope means the books don’t get man-handled like they would on a shelf.

Late with my FOC article because took a trip to a shop.

Grabbed these out of the back issue bins. Not a fan of paying over cover, but issue #3 is a 1:50 and Maystorm is heating up…all seem to be approaching $30.

1 Like

February was quite slow in sales until today.
I think a lot of people started drinking early for the superbowl….

Tax returns are hitting also…

1 Like
2 Likes

Great dollar bin finds

Some serious drunk bidding going on here.

1 Like

I’m just glad comic book specs are fun and exciting again this year. 2023 was rough.

3 Likes

Oh absolutely. I have had stellar sales this year, I have been saying since new years day my sales have been off the chart.

1 Like

Me too. Thanks to US1, BTT, Hellverine, JL/Godzilla/Kong my sales are off the charts. Would have been even better had I not decided to keep some copies for myself. This is a banner year.

People are really losing their minds with what they are paying on some of these books. Go get as much money as you guys can. I bet in the next 2 months we can start to bust out those Kid Venom books once his solo title comes out, you know people will pay stupid prices for those books.

3 Likes

I think we may need a clip of Deadpool waiving those books around to move any reasonable profit…

1 Like

This is one of those “I know a few online places that have this book…but don’t want to pay $12 for condition unknown and just to have it show up after everyone sobers up and realizes its still a $6 book.”

Big NE snow storm tomorrow going to keep me from getting to the LCS… tempted to email them and have them check the bins and pull it out for me if it’s there…

2 Likes

I know some shops in my area that definitely has the Secret Wars book sitting in their back bins. Should be able to find it for $3 tops. Time to stop by my shops today again lol.

I know a place that had a ton of them…but they closed early last year. :worried:

Very true. I sold only a small handful of comics last year. I’m at over one grand the past six weeks. Not bad when a hobby pays back. So far so good for 2023.

My A copy of UI3 sold for $28…my 1:50 incentive, a much better cover, sits at $35….

It’s like bizzaro word out there…

3 Likes

“move on to the next one if you miss out”

This is the most important thing to remember: move on to the next.
Say no to FOMO!

2 Likes

I agree for buying, but we do rely on FOMO for a lot of sales. Double edge sword for sure.

1 Like

However, those who fail to study the past, are condemned to repeat it