Modern Comics Heating Up (Those With Potential Too) (Part 1)

Spoiler for the Miles book.

Miles is the Prowler on another universe

1 Like

Dan Slott pumping up Superior Spider-Man

1 Like

Gonna have to pump harder…no one cares.

3 Likes

But it’s gonna be Spider boy that’s the twist

Joking of course. Don’t want to get accused of spreading false info.

2 Likes

Superior Spider-Boy…he’s been with Peter all along…as Doc Oct…but in a cloned spider-man body.

2 Likes

Can we blame you anyways?

Some people will.

Just a bunch of random spider books all over these lists this week :sleeping: :sleeping:

1 Like

been like that the last several weeks. This year hasn’t been good for specs

2 Likes

Rabble is decent spec bec of the connection to Miles but hasn’t really taken off.

1 Like

Incoming rant, I cant believe people are paying insane prices for ai generated dog shit! book is having insane prices for something that probably didn’t take them long to do and could’ve just paid an artist to do. I’m very cautious about using ai cause of crap like this and they’re basically fleecing people by generating a cover, printing whatever amount and then selling them. Shame on the people involved in making it and shame on people for paying into this crap
m house

7 Likes

$100 could buy some great Dave Stevens, Adam Hughes etc pin up covers and instead people throw it at AI generated trash.

Why is there even an “artist” credited to the cover?

7 Likes

The guy didn’t even take any time to inpaint the bad parts of the image. I can generate 6 images at a time like that in less than 40 seconds with Stable Diffusion. This is very easy to do and I don’t think the public knows this yet.

2 Likes

I just can’t wrap my head around the folks that are gobbling this stuff up.
I’m not being facetious but it seems like money would just be better spent on copies of playboy or such?
Naked Ahsoka books? Hell, naked any character books?
I love a well done cover of female anatomy as much as anyone. Zero issue, but stuff that just seems produced as an excuse be to show parts to show parts seems silly. There is a vast difference and the bad stuff seems so prolific these days. Not to mention it isn’t cheap.

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard about the fact copies were suddenly available on the publisher site (damaged or not), but that’s awful interesting regardless.
Sure enough though…the self fulfilling prophecy came through. Great timing to have those copies show up! :grin:

Duel is a pump-n-dump

oh look, the publisher has copies…

1 Like

Wow…can you believe it gang…we found all these copies just as this random fellow that we don’t know a single thing about talked about how amazing our book is and that it is optioned (but that’s a super duper secret nobody should know about). What a fortunate coincidence.
Quick…put em on the site!
Good lord!

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve never heard of this publisher, they make a book that’s optioned and their only source is themselves? Call me skeptical

1 Like

The different GIJoe/Transformers comics might see some sales. Apparently there was an end credit scene in the new Transformers movie involving GIJoe.

May add heat to Void Rivals as well I guess in addition to the “surprise.” Depends what demand there is. Supply is probably pretty hefty.